2 replies to this topic

#1 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 06 September 2021 - 03:37 AM

Don’t want to steal the mod maker’s thunder, but noticed no cross post from Reddit. KITT has figured out VR for MW5. Another mod maker getting it done. Read through the whole comments to see fixes for issues people noticed. Don’t own a VR headset, but thinking about it now.

https://www.reddit.c...nally_here_get/

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:53 AM

gives me an excuse to dust of my headset, and mw5 as well.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 07 September 2021 - 10:39 PM

well it works. needs some tweaks but it works. its actually quite fun. i had to update 6 things to get it to work, egs, mw5 my headset, the occulus software on my pc, virtual desktop and its pc side, and steam. im not sure how steam factors into all that. i also was not sure how to launch the game after following the egs directions. so i just launched it from egs while in virtual desktop. loaded a game and dropped a match. it didnt work at first and idk what i did but then the game popped into view. i had to recenter and i was ready to go. i dropped in an atlas for some reason, even though its got a crappy cockpit for vr. after years of using trackir in mwo i should have known better.

first thing i noticed was that the resolution was really low. text was barely readable. id gotten used to running the game at 4k and while the quest 2 im using does have good screens, i think i was more limited by virtual desktop than anything. i also dropped on a lava world with low visibility and that didnt help. it was really dark. didnt think to turn on night vision. anyway beat the warzone without loosing anyone. need to dig in to the thing see if i can do something to improve performance. but all in all im still impressed, i now have a reason to use my headset.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users