Skills Question

Question Guide

4 replies to this topic

#1 _Bogo_

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 12:57 PM

I am new to using skills in MWO. When it comes to light mechs, is it better to focus the skills in Survival, or Mobility?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 September 2021 - 01:40 PM

Light mechs have an interesting choice. Many of them already have decent mobility and taking Survival tree could net them an extra 10 to 15 percent armor and structure... which is a small boost of not-much-to-start-with.

The key things to go for first on a Light mech are heat management (for most builds) on Weapons and Operations trees and Radar Deprivation on Sensor tree. You want to fire often and you want to disappear off people's target list sooner rather than later.

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 September 2021 - 03:15 PM

though if you are playing an Urbie it can get some good mileage from the going down the left side of the suitability tree (pretty much just grabbing up the armor skills.) its tanky little trashcan and i love it. its the only light mech i play.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 September 2021 - 04:41 PM

It will depend on which light mechs.

They are a bit more specific and less generic than other classes when it comes to skill tree and the selections.

#5 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 September 2021 - 02:26 AM

View Post_Bogo_, on 06 September 2021 - 12:57 PM, said:

I am new to using skills in MWO. When it comes to light mechs, is it better to focus the skills in Survival, or Mobility?

Most will want mobility for the Speed Tweak. Those that come with armor quirks (think Wolfhound and Urbanmech) can benefit from a modest investment in Survival (just go for armor nodes along the left edge)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users