Ever Have A Drop...

13 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 11:34 PM

...where the enemy fail to show up to the party? dropped on a warzone and after spending a half hour searching the map for hostiles, found none. and since i needed to kill 5 things to trigger the next wave the match was not going anywhere fast.

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:50 AM

In 150h playtime i had missing tanks bcs they flipped upside down and were unable to move but i never missed a full drop.

#3 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 02:07 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 10 September 2021 - 03:50 AM, said:

In 150h playtime i had missing tanks bcs they flipped upside down and were unable to move but i never missed a full drop.

usually when that happens you can still lock onto them, i did a pretty thorough search and found nothing. i think what happened is the units failed to spawn (perhaps blocked by terrain or spawned outside of the boundary) and the game simply gave up trying.

#4 KodiakGW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 11 September 2021 - 03:48 AM

Had a few times in Warzone it looked like enemy would not spawn. Moving closer to the base, where you need to get to 200m for it to start waves after helping with the initial wave, seemed to make them spawn.

As Thorqemada mentioned, I did have one instance where a tank spawn under the ground so I could not kill it. Was a multi mission. That is when I discovered you could hit ESC and successfully reload the start of that mission without killing your prior missions progress.

#5 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 01:12 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 11 September 2021 - 03:48 AM, said:

Had a few times in Warzone it looked like enemy would not spawn. Moving closer to the base, where you need to get to 200m for it to start waves after helping with the initial wave, seemed to make them spawn.

As Thorqemada mentioned, I did have one instance where a tank spawn under the ground so I could not kill it. Was a multi mission. That is when I discovered you could hit ESC and successfully reload the start of that mission without killing your prior missions progress.

got to the marker, did nothing.

reloaded 4 times, nothing.

wonder if terrain generated impassible areas in the spawn location and that resulted in the spawn code falling through to that one line of code at the bottom of a conditional under a comment like "//this should never happen" where it gives up and does nothing.

hard to blame underground tanks because you can usually target them. and all 5? i can understand 1 or 2. i had one on a beachhead and i was able to detect it and kill it with splash.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 September 2021 - 01:15 PM.

#6 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:26 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 10 September 2021 - 02:07 PM, said:

usually when that happens you can still lock onto them, i did a pretty thorough search and found nothing. i think what happened is the units failed to spawn (perhaps blocked by terrain or spawned outside of the boundary) and the game simply gave up trying.

I remember 1 time where a tank dropped down the cliffs of a valley but got sucked into the cave like splits between rocks that sticked out the cliff walls and there was only 1 very specific angle you could get a lock.
I only did see it bcs at great range there was probably sort of a bug and the tank would have appear the red target squre.
I had to jump down upon on of the rocks bcs lock on weapons would imapct the rocks and not hit the tank - only a manualy aimed arm gun could hit it.

Guess its possible they sometimes disappear into or under the terrain also...

#7 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:44 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 11 September 2021 - 01:12 PM, said:

hard to blame underground tanks because you can usually target them. and all 5? i can understand 1 or 2. i had one on a beachhead and i was able to detect it and kill it with splash.

Yep, was able to target the tank. But it went in and out of being able to be targeted until I was standing on top of it’s location. I could tell it was moving around under the ground. As I mentioned, reloaded and that time it spawned correctly. Not sure why it won’t for you.

I’d say to document everything (planet, zone, map, mode, paying faction, enemy faction, etc.) and send off to support so they can get a bug fix. Post up here the details so we can see if we can duplicate it.

#8 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:31 AM

View PostKodiakGW, on 12 September 2021 - 04:44 AM, said:

Yep, was able to target the tank. But it went in and out of being able to be targeted until I was standing on top of it’s location. I could tell it was moving around under the ground. As I mentioned, reloaded and that time it spawned correctly. Not sure why it won’t for you.

I’d say to document everything (planet, zone, map, mode, paying faction, enemy faction, etc.) and send off to support so they can get a bug fix. Post up here the details so we can see if we can duplicate it.

thats a tall order lol. ive long since moved on. maybe i still got the save i rolled back, idk. but it was very repeatable.

e: yea i went back to the save for that day was in marik space, pretty sure the planet was in fedcom space.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 September 2021 - 11:32 PM.

#9 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 28 September 2021 - 05:41 AM

That's a weird one.

I recently played an assassination mission when one of the mechs failed to appear. The yellow map marker would not go away even though I was standing directly under it. The match played fine without issue after restarting it.

#10 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 01 October 2021 - 11:43 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 28 September 2021 - 05:41 AM, said:

That's a weird one.

I recently played an assassination mission when one of the mechs failed to appear. The yellow map marker would not go away even though I was standing directly under it. The match played fine without issue after restarting it.

yap, that seems to be the way to fix it. Had another Warzone mission where the tank appeared underground. Restart and it was fine. Also got a couple of good headshots the second time around. But, alas, not enough salvage points to claim them all. Even with running the Purchase Salvage mod, it was not cost effective to get all the headshot mechs.

#11 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 07:14 PM

View PostKodiakGW, on 01 October 2021 - 11:43 AM, said:

yap, that seems to be the way to fix it. Had another Warzone mission where the tank appeared underground. Restart and it was fine. Also got a couple of good headshots the second time around. But, alas, not enough salvage points to claim them all. Even with running the Purchase Salvage mod, it was not cost effective to get all the headshot mechs.

i think i threw in the towel after 5 or 6 reloads though, even with a couple hard reboots thrown in for good measure.

#12 caseysrevenge

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 127 posts
  • LocationMaastricht netherlands

Posted 03 October 2021 - 03:33 AM

Same problem here , after multiple retries given up on that mission on that planet .
Had it on another mission different planet , after reloading nope not working.
Last time this week i dropped through the plannet , nothing helps tried it several times nope.
Falling through the planet is since i installed last DLC legend of kestrel ......

#13 KodiakGW

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 1,775 posts
  • LocationNE USA

Posted 03 October 2021 - 04:00 AM

View Postcaseysrevenge, on 03 October 2021 - 03:33 AM, said:

Same problem here , after multiple retries given up on that mission on that planet .
Had it on another mission different planet , after reloading nope not working.
Last time this week i dropped through the plannet , nothing helps tried it several times nope.
Falling through the planet is since i installed last DLC legend of kestrel ......

Did it seem to be a specific type of map all times? I had a multiple mission on what looked like the painted desert/Mars where the ground did not render correctly on parts of the map all three missions. Saw dead tanks falling through during the missions. Luckily, I was able to finish all three without issue.

Could be in your case and LordNothing’s that a VTOL spawned somewhere, and never moved out, or took off to the stars. I’ve seen a VTOL that registered as a target just take off upwards out of range and sight, never to return. I’ve also seen one Shadowhawk standing still far from base during Warzone, that didn’t move until the first shot hit it.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,778 posts

Posted 03 October 2021 - 01:41 PM

for me it was a snow biome. whole mission seemed to be on a slope. there were a few valleys up hill but i traced through all of them looking for things to kill. ocean made up the other end of the map boundary, lots of rocks but not anywhere to be seen.

still not sure where i was though, i know it was a stones throw from terra in fedcom space towards the steiner side. went through all my saves, i think the game deletes old autosaves after awhile, or archives them somewhere, idk. ive been all over the inner sphere since then.

Edited by LordNothing, 03 October 2021 - 01:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users