Request User Interface Frame Rate Limit Like Call Of Duty

7 replies to this topic

#1 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 10 September 2021 - 12:58 AM

Currently MW5 UI are frame limitless, it is very nice to see >100fps, but that's wasting electricity, pay high bills, heat up the GPU reduce life, heat up the room, no benefit at all.

See power wattage usage when all UI page(s) cap to 30hz by Radeon Chill and the power draw is still very high, Operations page draw 200 watts.

https://youtu.be/pLNSQgAsKEM

XFX SWFT 319 6900 XT with Ryzen 3800x

1440p Radeon CHILL down to 30fps then monitor GPU power consumption
115 watts at Cockpit of Leopard
90 watts at Battlemechs screen
60 watts at Starmap screen 【best results】
130 watts at Equipment screen
135 watts at Mech Market
75 watts at Barracks
200 watts at Operations 【no 3D objects worst offender】
150~170 watts at Hanger
200 watts at Ryana's Operation Room
170 watts at Sleep quarters

Why use so much power to produce a mere 30fps ???

#2 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 04:05 AM

I use Chill at 30/60 for MW5 bcs i like it cool and quite and it sorta helps albeit i am still on my old RX 480.

Have you tested if some of the game settings may affect the ingame usage of Chill or a third party tool, or the Windows Energy Settings, or even some Mods ?

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 01:57 PM

vsync. people turn it off to make their bench numbers look better. but i see little use in rendering frames that the screen will never display. save the heat, save the power, save the hardware, and limit the fan noise.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 September 2021 - 02:01 PM.

#4 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:21 AM

I use enhanced Sync, i have an old but good monitor that does neiter support Freesync or G-Sync and enhanced sync never gave me any problem.

Dont know how that affects MW5 and Chill...

I use the smoothening FPS option of MW5 as i found MW5 works better than without but have Fidelity FX disabled as that did not work well.

#5 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:13 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 10 September 2021 - 04:05 AM, said:

I use Chill at 30/60 for MW5 bcs i like it cool and quite and it sorta helps albeit i am still on my old RX 480.

Have you tested if some of the game settings may affect the ingame usage of Chill or a third party tool, or the Windows Energy Settings, or even some Mods ?

I don't understand your question, please be specific to one scenario, mixing of the variables makes answering impossible.

#6 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 16 September 2021 - 10:17 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 12 September 2021 - 04:21 AM, said:

I use enhanced Sync, i have an old but good monitor that does neiter support Freesync or G-Sync and enhanced sync never gave me any problem.

Dont know how that affects MW5 and Chill...

I use the smoothening FPS option of MW5 as i found MW5 works better than without but have Fidelity FX disabled as that did not work well.

Fidelity FX (2019 July 7th) is only for RDNA and up, don't even work on Vega64 (2017).

https://www.amd.com/...ware-fidelityfx

Edited by cx5, 16 September 2021 - 10:17 PM.

#7 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 17 September 2021 - 03:11 AM

Hm, why then was the Fidelity stuff enabled in the Settings?

At least FSR would run on my GPU as well so i think the original support may have been for newer GPUs but was expanded backwards is my guess.

As for the other thing - i cant be more specific asking questions bcs there is to many possibilities for things to wrong in the PC Sphere.
You need to do the tiring work of testing every possibility and even if it runs well on another PC it may not run well on yours for reasons out of our grasp.
Overclocking can make your PC run bad, a certain Driver revision can make your PC run bad, Third Party Spftware like Tuners and Tools may bork your settings and run your PC bad, its so many possibilities its alsmost impossible to know without extensive testing...i am sorry.

For Fidelity FX that Google search answers as follows:
"FidelityFX Super Resolution comes under AMD's GPUOpen set of technologies. This means it will be a free and open source solution for game developers. What's interesting here is that FSR would work not only on RDNA 2 GPUs but also on Navi 10, Vega, Polaris, and even NVIDIA cards!

Edited by Thorqemada, 17 September 2021 - 03:18 AM.

#8 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 24 November 2021 - 11:37 PM

Just in case I want to highlight, FidelityFX is not FSR.

FidelityFX is version-1 of things started 2019 July, specific for certain hardware[GPU] generation I think RDNA-1 and 2.

FidelityFX Super Resolution is FSR is version-2 started 2021 for select new games, and till now not on MW5. FSR will support all GPU including nVidia and Intel, back a generation or two generation. Not specific to hardware.

Confusing right !!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users