• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEmsland in Germanien

Posted 10 September 2021 - 03:34 PM

Gretings!
Following Problem: Random Lags, every 1-3 Games, with 1-5 Lags or something. Game Lags, Nothing seems to be moving except for the own Mech, after some seconds the Mech has another Position or is dead (since the enemy shoots stupid walking Mechs that do not react to anything) anf everything else on the Map has changed (no wonder, the other Players are moving and shooting^)
I have that problem since maybe two or three month. Getting reports from other player having the same problem and they're becoming more. MWO lags but everything lese is finde, regardles of the server we are playing on.

#2 kuma8877

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 691 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 10 September 2021 - 10:34 PM

I've had this happen occasionally here recently. Wasn't sure if it was just on my end.

#3 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 10 September 2021 - 11:07 PM

You're using Wifi right? Your wireless router is dying. It overheated, reboot itself, and you lost connection while this happened and by the time you reconnect you died.

This will happen more and more often, unless you switch to wired connection or replace the router. Gaming is actually quite hard on wireless routers, causing them to continuously broadcast. It's worse than streaming tv/movies.

Edited by Nightbird, 10 September 2021 - 11:09 PM.

#4 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:10 AM

A router getting old is typically the most common cause, yeah. You can also try to test for packet loss which aging routers can be prone to.

Could also be packet loss caused by problems in ISP equipment or somewhere else along the way.

#5 HenryFA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts
  • LocationHunting down LRM assaults

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:45 AM

Me in Asia, laughs with 300ping delay

#6 Mangeras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:32 PM

It is not a rebooting router or somthing like that because everything else running via WiFi on my computer has no Lags like im MWO, I can talk via TS while thats happing, watch a live stream, make a live stream, everything runs but MWO for a few seconds.

#7 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 12 September 2021 - 11:49 PM

Maybe try wired connection to test? Mwo is extremely prone to paket loss. The remaining stuff can easily be fixed with buffering etc.

#8 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 12:03 AM

Yeah. The trick is in how different things are queued in wifi protocol compared to wired.

In wired connections packets are passed onward from the router in the same order as they arrived in. First come, first serve.

In wireless connections whichever packet is the most recent one on top of the stack gets passed on first so when there is congestion of multiple packets arriving at once, the one that is left to wait on the bottom can be delayed for absurdly long times until the whole stack is empty, which breaks online gaming. Streaming services and home entertainment devices have been configured to create a very large number of very small packets to overwhelm any competing congestion, so if someone is watching cartoons on netflix while you play, you are doomed.

#9 Mangeras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 12:52 PM

Okay, thanks for the answers, will try s wired connection

#10 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 14 September 2021 - 01:07 PM

1. Agree to connection via wired to router/modem/gateway
2. Is modem/gateway (combo router+modem), is it cable or wireless to ISP?
3. If cable, double check all connections are tight, from modem/gateway to splitter to cable coming thru wall.
4. Set up or change wireless username/password on the router or gateway, even if connecting via wire clears up the issue.
5. Even if it continues, have your ISP check your signal.
6. Unplug router, modem/gateway for 30 secs then plug back in. If you have had the equipment for awhile, can of compressed air.
7. If you have a VPN, utilize/test with it. Or try a few of the free ones. Once you have eliminated any issues locally, what you do not have any real control over is the route your pathing takes from your connection to both the authentication server (constant connectivity required) and each of the 3 regional combat servers. A VPN has the potential to increase ones ping but there is the likelihood of reducing jitter and packet loss, ie a cleaner connection.
8. Other than VPN, test by connecting with your phone's mobile network, if feasible.

#11 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 06:54 AM

try the above, as plugging in a cable is the easiest solution right away, if it works.

on top of that:
1.win10 and recently had some updates? look into your graphiccard-drivers and if they're up to date, too.
had a few stuttering games (not mwo) right after the last few updates, and a new gc-driver solved that.
2-10. stuff
11: Et hätt noch emmer joot jejange.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 16 September 2021 - 06:55 AM.

#12 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:10 PM

Well, i dont know if it is of any help but i allways get trouble when Windows Updates are queued up but not yet downloaded.

For some weird reason i dont understand my PC starts to have lags as long i have not downloaded and installed them.

I have them and other updates on manual DL and install but this MS crap seems still to interfere with my PC.

After that it is usually good until the next MS Patch/Updateday or my Internet Provier does some Weekend Maintenance and ruins my weekend which gladly happens very rarely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users