Keep Getting Cored From Behind With No One Behind Me?

Gameplay

26 replies to this topic

#1 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 10:57 AM

So all week I've been getting killed in 1v1's from the rear while facing my target completely.

I don't know if this a hit box issue or hit reg issue. But it's getting old fast. Has anyone ells noticed this lately or is it just me?

But lets use the last match that it happened in. I was in my Locust 6 Small pulse lasers and I moved in to finish up a ct exposed Incubus with only lasers left. I position my *** up against the wall and fire off 3 alphas (with poor aim due to terrain bouncing) and had 1 more. He fires 1 large laser and POP, lost my back right torso instantly...

#2 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:10 AM

Some mechs have deceptively wide rear hitboxes partially exposed to the sides.

Dunno about locust tho.

Edited by Gagis, 11 September 2021 - 11:10 AM.

#3 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:12 AM

View PostGagis, on 11 September 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

Dunno about locust tho.

Other examples where the executioner, nova, fafnir, and madcat mkii, and flea

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:21 AM

Folks, this player, Mahpsy, has "Ace of Spades" = 8 kills in a game

So he's fairly competent player...

#5 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:30 AM

View Postw0qj, on 11 September 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

Not sure if trolling, but I did almost get the "Death Star" in 2019 but was stolen by a commando pilot. Team mates where very angry he stole it from me.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:35 PM

I think this is another case for the....

You're gonna need to provide some video for this one to look at.

#7 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 11 September 2021 - 12:41 PM

View Postw0qj, on 11 September 2021 - 11:21 AM, said:

Just because you have Ace of Spades doesn't make you a competent player. I have Ace of Spades and consider myself only just smart enough to know how much I don't know. But that's completely superfluous information. Without a video or an idea of average ping during a match or which ISP is being used, speculation is about the best that can be done. Lag spikes can do a lot of crazy things, even with rewind in play.

#8 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 September 2021 - 02:44 PM

1v1? you talking about solaris? Because if you are these servers are the worst. When i used to play it I saw it all the time. Feel like they really lowered the resources on these servers.

Dont forget your butt is your back..If your facing them with your legs twisted and when they're shooting at your legs they could be hitting your back.

Edited by Monkey Lover, 11 September 2021 - 02:46 PM.

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:15 PM

View PostVerilligo, on 11 September 2021 - 12:41 PM, said:

Just because you have Ace of Spades doesn't make you a competent player. I have Ace of Spades and consider myself only just smart enough to know how much I don't know. But that's completely superfluous information. Without a video or an idea of average ping during a match or which ISP is being used, speculation is about the best that can be done. Lag spikes can do a lot of crazy things, even with rewind in play.

you play enough games, the mm will eventually give you 23 passive potatoes and you will be in that one mech that can get er dun. i got 8 and a spare, in this. it was one of those matches that would have been over in 10 seconds had the team just pushed. instead i pushed and killed everything in my path. my hands were shaking for the next 3 matches.

Edited by LordNothing, 11 September 2021 - 04:20 PM.

#10 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:23 PM

View PostGagis, on 11 September 2021 - 11:10 AM, said:

Dunno about locust tho.

there are several mechs, things like king crabs and marauders with deep torsos where getting a back shot from the front at certain angles is not only possible, but repeatable.

#11 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 04:49 PM

Not enough info.

Were you overtwisting? Were you running away'ish looking over your shoulder? Are you absolutely 100% sure it wasnt that stealth Ghilli you didnt see that got ya? Are you sure it wasnt overheat damage?...

...On and on we can go.

In other words, pics or it didnt happen.

#12 Mahpsy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:23 PM

View PostHauptmanT, on 11 September 2021 - 04:49 PM, said:

Not enough info.

Were you overtwisting? Were you running away'ish looking over your shoulder? Are you absolutely 100% sure it wasnt that stealth Ghilli you didnt see that got ya? Are you sure it wasnt overheat damage?...

...On and on we can go.

In other words, pics or it didnt happen.

No twisting, face to face not solaris, Normal 12v12, not over heating 50-70% heat. Every scenario I had 70%(yellow) front armor or up on all of the mechs I mentioned above.

And I would love to post clips of every single match but I don't have the memory on my P.C. to do so. And if it didn't happen I wouldn't be here complaining about it.

#13 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:39 PM

View PostMahpsy, on 11 September 2021 - 05:23 PM, said:

No twisting, face to face not solaris, Normal 12v12, not over heating 50-70% heat. Every scenario I had 70%(yellow) front armor or up on all of the mechs I mentioned above.

And I would love to post clips of every single match but I don't have the memory on my P.C. to do so. And if it didn't happen I wouldn't be here complaining about it.

Well I tend to circle fight in my LoLcusts... which means I could very well be showing him my shiny metal buttplate as my opponent tries to sweep my legs. I just let it go with the flow, if the guy hits me and pops me, he wins, if not... well... LoL!
Posted Image

#14 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:46 AM

Hard to discuss this without videos, sadly. The best you can do is maybe ask a friend to test out shooting your locust or other mechs to see if you can find out where you got shot.

#15 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 12 September 2021 - 04:57 AM

"Crotch-shot" is well known for transferring damage from front to rear CT and via versa; certainly a few of the assaults are very vulnerable to this and if you are up against a player who knows the mechanics of this coding weakness, you will fall foul of being destroyed in the way the OP has stated.

#16 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,803 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:15 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 12 September 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

"Crotch-shot" is well known for transferring damage from front to rear CT and via versa; certainly a few of the assaults are very vulnerable to this and if you are up against a player who knows the mechanics of this coding weakness, you will fall foul of being destroyed in the way the OP has stated.

Agreed. From the front it’s akin to making a headshot against a moving target but possible. But if the incubus popped you with a laser burn from a single weapon, it’s more likely he got the “butt box” between your twisted legs and just enough rear was showing there.

#17 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 12 September 2021 - 07:54 AM

With many of those mechs, the Rear CT can also be hit from the side, or have a good enough angle from above to hit that Rear CT. OP says it was 1-1, and from his perspective it may have appeared to have been.

If no video then hit Print Screen to take a screenshot of the after action report immediately on being killed.

#18 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 04:35 PM

This has happened to me in the Incubus. Today, after two streak shots, at ~45 degree angles to the front:

Posted Image

Edited by GoodTry, 13 September 2021 - 05:29 PM.

#19 HauptmanT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 06:03 PM

Well that's more than "2 streak shots" as that's an eclectic mix of weapons there... likely getting ganged up on.

How you enjoying your sabre by the way? Just bought mine with free MC from an ultra rare cache, and loved it to death. Just a mean little bugger (2sm pulse, 3mgs, 3 streak 2s) that cranks damage super quick. Dont think I lost a single duel in it, when I found a straggler all alone.

#20 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 06:12 PM

View PostHauptmanT, on 13 September 2021 - 06:03 PM, said:

Well that's more than "2 streak shots" as that's an eclectic mix of weapons there... likely getting ganged up on.

How you enjoying your sabre by the way? Just bought mine with free MC from an ultra rare cache, and loved it to death. Just a mean little bugger (2sm pulse, 3mgs, 3 streak 2s) that cranks damage super quick. Dont think I lost a single duel in it, when I found a straggler all alone.

The first streaks were maybe 30 seconds earlier, and the rest were just grazes in front.

I'm loving the Sabre. It's really solid w/ either 2LPL or 2HLL + 3LMGs too, in addition to the kitchen sink build you mentioned (which is also great). Really fun mech right now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users