Cougar Changes

1 reply to this topic

#1 _Bogo_

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:15 PM

I would like to see a left side option for the 3 and 4 energy arm pods for the cougar, to match the right arm ones. Also options for left and right arms, that only have 2 energy in each. Secondly, I would like to see the Cougar's speed increased. 87 kph is way too slow, it should at least be 91 instead.

#2 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 11:28 PM

All very unlikely to happen, Cougar is a slower, with more free tonnage than the Adder, making them the same speed effectively pushes the Adder into obscurity as no one would take the slower, less heavily armed & no ECM mech over it's obviously superior counterpart.
I don't think you will see your hardpoint dreams fulfilled either as these 2 mechs are not underperformers if they are used in the 'I gots me a big gun & I ain't afraid to hide behind my bigger buddy & use it' role, in fact they both do it very, very well but with differences. outside of that they are mediocre at best, but that's ok, really, it is. There are other mechs that can do all the rest.

To have all the weapons & mechs equal & balanced would\has lead to stale gameplay, hence the Cauldron's work, with PGI to try & give the weapons & mechs a bit of differentiation in how they work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users