• 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 13 September 2021 - 05:31 PM

Hello all,

Shouldn't there be one by now?

Gotta feed my habit! Posted Image

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 13 September 2021 - 05:34 PM.

#2 dario03

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

"FEE MECH ANNOUNCEMENT?"

You want to pay to run your mechs? I mean, I guess I can ask pgi to change your match payout to negative cbills but I'm not sure how that will help you Posted Image

#3 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

They do appear to be running a bit late this month.
I assume they are waiting to finalize this month's mech changes, and will then have the free mech be one of those that's getting a lot of changes again.

#4 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 06:18 PM

The 'monthly' events tend to run for close to a month and a half. Eventually they gonna have to skip a month to catch up. 'Sides, it's about time for another Clan 'Mech to hit rotation, but people get upset when Clan 'Mechs are up for grabs instead of more Spheroid junkers.

#5 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 07:12 PM

View Postdario03, on 13 September 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

"FEE MECH ANNOUNCEMENT?"

You want to pay to run your mechs? I mean, I guess I can ask pgi to change your match payout to negative cbills but I'm not sure how that will help you Posted Image

Ooops, sorry, fixed it, lol.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 13 September 2021 - 08:19 PM

maybe they got tired shaking the loot tree. or perhaps they are giving it a rest getting closer to the holiday season and the myriad of events that usually comes with it.

#7 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 13 September 2021 - 11:44 PM

View Post1453 R, on 13 September 2021 - 06:18 PM, said:

The 'monthly' events tend to run for close to a month and a half. Eventually they gonna have to skip a month to catch up. 'Sides, it's about time for another Clan 'Mech to hit rotation, but people get upset when Clan 'Mechs are up for grabs instead of more Spheroid junkers.

Hey... Maybe this is the "Skip Month" that you were talking about! Perhaps we'll see the next Mech made possible to earn along with the "Trick Or Treat 7" Loot Bags and other goodies? :P

And hey... wait a minute there... I like having some Clan Mechs in the rotation! It sounds to me like there are some other people out there that need to stop feeling self-entitled to limiting these Mech-giving Events as being "Inner Sphere only" for what one receives... <*starts to chant/shout/whatever-ya-wanna-call-it*> We need variety. We Need Variety. WE NEED VARIETY!!! :angry:

~D. V. "definitely likes to earn Mechs from both sides of the Tech Fence to use" Devnull

(p.s.: Yeah, you're getting a 'Like' for getting me started... LOL :lol: ...)

[Minor Edit by the Post Author for a Formatting Fudge-Up...It's fixed now!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 13 September 2021 - 11:46 PM.

#8 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 14 September 2021 - 03:38 AM

As PGI had already shared, they are going all out to launch MW5 on PlayStation on/about Sept 25th 2021...

Daeron Also mentioned that they are trying to properly pace the (Hunter & upcoming Clan) Booster Packs, so that these would be launched in time this year and before Christmas. One would suspect that they are also pacing the 30-day Events such that PGI staff would have a proper Christmas holidays also...

https://mwomercs.com...upcoming-future

Which is fine by me; MWO has never been more generous with free mechs/events/MC and other goodies!

A BIG thank you to MWO/PGI especially for this year!

Edited by w0qj, 14 September 2021 - 03:40 AM.

#9 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:47 AM

The free mech is the (S) Night Gyr from participating in 20 games in comp?

#10 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:15 AM

Is there an (S) Night Gyr for participating in 20 matches in Comp?

Huh. Nice bonus for the compies I suppose.

#11 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,244 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:23 AM

I'm sure they are busy crafting the Loyalty Program post and next weeks patch notes. And getting ready for the Clan booster pack.

#12 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 07:28 AM

Do they even still do Loyalty?

Also: odds on the next booster pack beyond Hunter also being Inner Sphere, just because Sphere **** sells better when it isn't outlier nostalgia bait with super-powerful loadouts like the Warden stuff?

#13 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:11 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 September 2021 - 11:44 PM, said:

Hey... Maybe this is the "Skip Month" that you were talking about! Perhaps we'll see the next Mech made possible to earn along with the "Trick Or Treat 7" Loot Bags and other goodies? Posted Image

And hey... wait a minute there... I like having some Clan Mechs in the rotation! It sounds to me like there are some other people out there that need to stop feeling self-entitled to limiting these Mech-giving Events as being "Inner Sphere only" for what one receives... <*starts to chant/shout/whatever-ya-wanna-call-it*> We need variety. We Need Variety. WE NEED VARIETY!!! Posted Image

~D. V. "definitely likes to earn Mechs from both sides of the Tech Fence to use" Devnull

(p.s.: Yeah, you're getting a 'Like' for getting me started... LOL Posted Image ...)

[Minor Edit by the Post Author for a Formatting Fudge-Up...It's fixed now!!!]

I think PGI has been pretty even-handed when it comes to free mechs (not special packs). Since February they've given away a Huntsman, Madcat MkII, Arctic Cheetah, and Timberwolf. All are quite effective in quick play.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#14 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:34 AM

View Post1453 R, on 14 September 2021 - 07:15 AM, said:

Is there an (S) Night Gyr for participating in 20 matches in Comp?

Huh. Nice bonus for the compies I suppose.

Theres a lot of casual teams being put together just for the fun and the rewards. Get in on the action!

#15 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 09:36 AM

Heh.

I'm Tier 4, Gagis. And at the absolute most, my little group of fellow MWO casuals comprises six people. There is actually factually zero possibility across all of space and time that I or anyone else in my general position will see comp play rewards. I do appreciate the encouragement, but ye may want to save it for folks who can actually make it.

#16 Heavy Money

• The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:59 AM

View Post1453 R, on 14 September 2021 - 09:36 AM, said:

Heh.

I'm Tier 4, Gagis. And at the absolute most, my little group of fellow MWO casuals comprises six people. There is actually factually zero possibility across all of space and time that I or anyone else in my general position will see comp play rewards. I do appreciate the encouragement, but ye may want to save it for folks who can actually make it.

My comp "team" is lots of t4 and t5 casuals. We were less than 8 people, but we got the word out and picked up a few others. I'd invite you, but we are full already. There's lots of other teams still trying to fill though.

It takes like 2 separate couple hour sessions to get through the 20 needed games, and you've still got like a month to do it (but only till the 20th to finalize a team roster). Its totally possible.

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 September 2021 - 02:01 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 14 September 2021 - 09:11 AM, said:

I think PGI has been pretty even-handed when it comes to free mechs (not special packs). Since February they've given away a Huntsman, Madcat MkII, Arctic Cheetah, and Timberwolf. All are quite effective in quick play.

True... And on the I.S. Tech side of things, they have also given 'Javelin'/'Shadow Hawk'/'GrassHopper'/'Atlas' as well. At the time, I was responding specifically to '1453 R' and their thoughts about those who were trying to force an I.S. Tech bias to what would be up for earning. Basically boiled down, I concur with both of you that it should keep on alternating back and forth without developing bias towards one Tech side or the other. Hopefully, those working on MWO @ PGI will also keep that in mind, and avoid catering to whiners who would attempt to disrupt that enjoyable balance. :)

~D. V. "I'm also amongst those who wish for balance to remain present in the Mech-A-Month thing going forward." Devnull

#18 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:19 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 September 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:

The free mech is the (S) Night Gyr from participating in 20 games in comp?

wow I did not see that announcement

you have a link ??

#19 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:39 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 14 September 2021 - 08:19 PM, said:

wow I did not see that announcement

you have a link ??

On the front page? Top 500 teams that finish 20 games will get this +7000MC and other goodies and there will only be like 100 teams so just get in there and blow yourselves up.

https://mwomercs.com...hip-series-2021

#20 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:54 PM

View PostNightbird, on 14 September 2021 - 08:39 PM, said:

On the front page? Top 500 teams that finish 20 games will get this +7000MC and other goodies and there will only be like 100 teams so just get in there and blow yourselves up.

https://mwomercs.com...hip-series-2021

I see
"
How many games do I need to play to get the Top 500 rewards?

The Team needs to play 20 games, then their entire roster will be available for Top 500 Rewards."

kind of sucks

but like we say it is what it is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users