Need To Block The Weapon When Dropping

50 replies to this topic

#1 Rkshz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:39 AM

A very common situation when your teammates shoot at you immediately after a drop.
This is especially bad when you get shot in the back with an alpha.
When you ask "why are you shooting me?" usually answer "accidentally clicked the mouse".

Technically, this can happen because the players wait a long time for the game and move away from the PC, and when the game starts, and when they take the mouse, they accidentally press the shooting buttons.

The solution to the problem is simple - block for 5 (10) seconds the possibility of firing a weapon immediately after a drop.

Edited by Rkshz, 15 September 2021 - 03:43 AM.

#2 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:49 AM

Many of them even not say "sorry". I just want to attack and kill them (or die). To teach them not to push buttons for fun.

Some of them just going to center and shooting all time, showing position and sometimes shoot others.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 15 September 2021 - 03:51 AM.

#3 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:16 AM

It happens occasionally, and when it does (especially sans apology), quite annoying.

Oh wait, does that mean that we cannot shoot that WHK-Prime(G) Gold Mech? Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 15 September 2021 - 04:16 AM.

#4 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:27 AM

those accidents will happen either way. if you block keyboard/mouse for X seconds, people are gonna try their alpha right after that.
granted, you might get a few where it's really an accident. the far biggest group however, where it's sloppy gameplay and a "I don't care, it's just a game, yolo ffs"-attitude
- those will still shoot your behind and are dead ~1-2minutes and ~120dmg later (see yolo, no TK assumed).

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:30 AM

don't forget the people who tab out, and on realizing the match has startet, click on the MWO icon on the task bar...

#6 Rkshz

• 2,866 posts
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:45 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 15 September 2021 - 04:27 AM, said:

those accidents will happen either way. if you block keyboard/mouse for X seconds, people are gonna try their alpha right after that.
granted, you might get a few where it's really an accident. the far biggest group however, where it's sloppy gameplay and a "I don't care, it's just a game, yolo ffs"-attitude
- those will still shoot your behind and are dead ~1-2minutes and ~120dmg later (see yolo, no TK assumed).

there is always a difference when you are shot in the back accidentally and on purpose - this is obvious
I propose to eliminate accidents.
For those who shoot specifically there is a punishment (for example, I send reports and videos, it works).

#7 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,750 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:10 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 15 September 2021 - 04:27 AM, said:

This. Plus people will be spamming away knowing that it’s blocked.

It’s blocked! SPAM
its’ blocked! SPAM
It’s blocked! SPAM
It’s blocked! Kablam! OOPS!

#8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 05:23 AM

View PostRkshz, on 15 September 2021 - 04:45 AM, said:

there is always a difference when you are shot in the back accidentally and on purpose - this is obvious
I propose to eliminate accidents.
For those who shoot specifically there is a punishment (for example, I send reports and videos, it works).

I'd agree that every little bit helps, so go for it. I just say the difference will not be that noticeable.
and for the reports..
at least the ones ingame don't do anything, no. videos may be different.

#9 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 06:47 AM

View PostSaved By The Bell, on 15 September 2021 - 03:49 AM, said:

To teach them not to push buttons for fun.

But isn't that kinda whole point of all games?

#10 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 15 September 2021 - 01:53 PM

I shoot back if they don't say it was an accident. Just like some people who tk when a match is mostly over while hunting down the last -12 mechs and claim it was an accident yet the enemy is no where in sight or engaged with a team member sever grids away.

#11 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:25 PM

Funny that you can't accidentally click on the voting screen when clicking to focus the window, but clicking to focus as the match is active means instant fire.

#12 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 September 2021 - 02:47 PM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 15 September 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

Funny that you can't accidentally click on the voting screen when clicking to focus the window, but clicking to focus as the match is active means instant fire.

Yeah... I am thinking that the "Pause Menu" should come up when the game is not in focus, and someone is in a Match at the time? It sure would help to prevent this kind of unnecessary mischief. :(

~D. V. "all we need do is implement the most sensible thing, and it would stop even an erroneous hit" Devnull

[Tch... one extra Edit because the Post Author forgot a few words...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 15 September 2021 - 02:48 PM.

#13 FinnMcKool

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,600 posts
  • Locationunknown

Posted 15 September 2021 - 03:49 PM

but im gonna take down one of those dropships one of these day , i need to shoot it before it leaves

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:21 PM

my old mouse had this weird geometry where sometimes at the start of the match the side of the button would clip on the corner of my keyboard and fire. i don't actually use the keyboard for anything other than in game chat so its placement is usually an afterthought, especially if there is a cat involved. new mouse hasnt done this, yet.

Edited by LordNothing, 15 September 2021 - 04:21 PM.

#15 VeeOt Dragon

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:48 PM

i think it has happened to everyone now and again. hell i run dual screens so often when a game is taking forever to load in i go do something on the other screen. mind you i try to use my zoom button on my mouse (click scroll wheel) to focus back on the game to avoid firing weapons.

i try to avoid team fire but i have stopped caring the the case of RACs. if i am sending a fire hose of lead steel down range and you step in front of it you deserve to be shot in the back. i don't do it out of anger i just don't care anymore. not that hard to see all the fire and just not step in front of the mech firing. oh i will let of on the trigger but i will also let a few rounds plaster their back armor in hopes that they learn. i used to warn folks over coms (still do now and a gain) when they are about to get hit. now days its mostly just a quick "if you get shot in the back with RACs its your own fault"

#16 Rkshz

• 2,866 posts
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 15 September 2021 - 09:01 PM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 15 September 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

i think it has happened to everyone now and again. hell i run dual screens so often when a game is taking forever to load in i go do something on the other screen. mind you i try to use my zoom button on my mouse (click scroll wheel) to focus back on the game to avoid firing weapons.

I think it happened for everyone by accident - that's why I suggest blocking the weapon for 5-10 seconds after the drop

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 15 September 2021 - 04:48 PM, said:

i try to avoid team fire but i have stopped caring the the case of RACs. if i am sending a fire hose of lead steel down range and you step in front of it you deserve to be shot in the back. i don't do it out of anger i just don't care anymore. not that hard to see all the fire and just not step in front of the mech firing. oh i will let of on the trigger but i will also let a few rounds plaster their back armor in hopes that they learn. i used to warn folks over coms (still do now and a gain) when they are about to get hit. now days its mostly just a quick "if you get shot in the back with RACs its your own fault"

it is your personal choice whether or not to shoot someone in the back if some on crosses your fireline - but this does NOT apply to this proposal about blocking weapons

Edited by Rkshz, 15 September 2021 - 09:02 PM.

#17 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:08 AM

View PostRkshz, on 15 September 2021 - 03:39 AM, said:

A very common situation when your teammates shoot at you immediately after a drop.
This is especially bad when you get shot in the back with an alpha.
When you ask "why are you shooting me?" usually answer "accidentally clicked the mouse".

Technically, this can happen because the players wait a long time for the game and move away from the PC, and when the game starts, and when they take the mouse, they accidentally press the shooting buttons.

The solution to the problem is simple - block for 5 (10) seconds the possibility of firing a weapon immediately after a drop.

they already do this

#18 Rkshz

• 2,866 posts
  • LocationOdesa, Ukraine

Posted 16 September 2021 - 05:17 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 16 September 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

they already do this

it will be good if it's true
but how do you know?

#19 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,750 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:48 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 16 September 2021 - 05:08 AM, said:

they already do this

Are you saying that the game engine blocks you from firing in the first few seconds of a match? Because that's not my experience at all. As soon as the HUD comes up and/or your feet hit the ground, its locked and loaded time.

#20 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 16 September 2021 - 08:36 AM

I get shot up all the time at or near the spawn and take no dmg

are you guys saying you guys are taking dmg ??

it might because I turned in so many reports over the years from getting team killed and shot up at and near the spawn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users