Skill Cap Increase

4 replies to this topic

#1 _Bogo_

• PipPip
  • Warrior - Point 1
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 September 2021 - 04:58 PM

Having the skill cap set at 91 seems very odd to me. i would like to suggest making it a flat 100 even.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 September 2021 - 01:59 AM

Consider your idea SUPPORTed by me. There have already been plenty of times that people were saying 91 is too little. I've personally even run into situations where just a few more Skill Nodes would have allowed finishing a design. That would also mean not ending up leaving a Mech half-[bleep]ed in the allocation that helps it work right. Perhaps a fresh launch on the thought of making things right with the Skill Tree will finally cause change to happen. :o

~D. V. "thinks that '_Bogo_' is making sense about the Skill Tree limits and change needing to happen" Devnull

#3 Spare Knight

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationAlso StankDog the damp

Posted 18 September 2021 - 10:21 AM

Better yet, just fill in all the spots and make it like that from the point you drive that mech off the showroom floor. It is fully skilled and still has that New Mech Smell. Posted Image

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 September 2021 - 11:34 PM

View PostSpare Knight, on 18 September 2021 - 10:21 AM, said:

Better yet, just fill in all the spots and make it like that from the point you drive that mech off the showroom floor. It is fully skilled and still has that New Mech Smell. Posted Image

Uhm... NO. -_-

We are seriously NOT looking for things to be OverPowered in the MWO game, and most certainly NEVER will be during any time this century. After all, this happens to be the "BattleTech Universe" and the "MechWarrior" type of games which we are talking about, and definitely NOT something like "Team Fortress 2" which favors unbalanced insanity. :angry:

~D. V. "We're trying to improve Enjoyability & Balance here, by trying to get a tiny increase in Skill Nodes allowed." Devnull

#5 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:52 AM

While I don't think adding 9 extra slots would make extreme changes to mech builds, other than making the tradeoff for getting 100% radar dep less punishing, or getting some consumable slots more of options. Really, at 91, the tradeoffs are pretty large for things like jj quirks (I still wonder what it'd be like to max those once) and 100% radar dep.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users