Warhammer 6R - September Free Mech Event

84 replies to this topic

#41 Kycomputer

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:13 PM

Has anyone else had problems with event redemptions not showing up? missing the colors and the mech here.

#42 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:30 PM

WOW you really are new to this, so you completed the 40,000 match points to get the MECH, you only have 25 games under your belt, some do the math, that 1000 + match score every game, or you just go to event PAGE, its listed at the top of the page, you really need to earn the MECH.

SAWK

#43 Kycomputer

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:44 PM

@Sawk Well, my understanding is that you only need to do the 40k score for the pattern itself, not the mech. My completed progress for the tier that *looks* like is supposed to grant it + mech bay.

Edited by Kycomputer, 21 September 2021 - 03:49 PM.

#44 Kycomputer

Rookie

• The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 03:51 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 September 2021 - 04:06 AM, said:

Through what interface did you try to claim the Mech for yourself? Posted Image

~D. V. "Having a sneaking hunch about the missing Mech" Devnull

I'm having the same problem, claimed through the steam overlay.

#45 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 September 2021 - 04:24 PM

View PostKycomputer, on 21 September 2021 - 03:51 PM, said:

I'm having the same problem, claimed through the steam overlay.

And thus your issue... Ouch. :o

The only place where Event Item Claims is able to function perfectly & properly is in the In-Game Event Browser of the MWO Game Client itself. You can use the Website (with Steam Overlay or not) for monitoring up to when it can initially be Claimed into your stuff, but the In-Game Event Browser of the MWO Game Client must explicitly be used to avoid hiccups/issues when actively doing a Claim of anything which you have properly earned. :mellow:

Since you're now having this issue, the best you can do is to try re-starting the MWO Game Client and doing a re-login, then look through your entire inventory of stuff through any/all available interfaces. If you do not find it now, then keep checking for up to the next two days, and then Contact MWO Support after that if you still have not received it. And yes, I know that the Website should probably trigger an Injection Dialog that gets shown to the user, but I unfortunately have no control over the code-related issues in that regard. :huh:

~D. V. "One must always use the MWO Game Client's In-Game Event Browser to redeem stuff properly." Devnull

#46 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:37 PM

ITS not TRUE, GO to the EVENT web page, you get nothing for FREE, YOU NEED TO EARN It, why you FOLKS, think your getting anything for free.
ITS Write there in PRINT, do the 40000 and EARN it, good luck to you.

SAWK CLANNER

#47 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 06:42 PM

View PostPraetorGix, on 19 September 2021 - 04:05 PM, said:

40.000 matchscore??? Yeah I get the reference but holy Emperor not even a tech-Adept would want to stick his nose in front of a PC for THAT much time...

Well, then stop approaching the game like a grind, and play to have fun. If that's too much to expect, then don't expect to get the pattern.

You have a full month to accumulate the Matchscore by playing casually. You don't have to to get the pattern in the first week. Besides, if you think this is bad... wait for the holiday events, where you have 3 weeks to accumulate 75,000 matchscore for a bauble.

#48 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 05:49 AM

Catching up with some conversation gone slightly nuts... :blink:

View PostSawk, on 21 September 2021 - 03:30 PM, said:

WOW you really are new to this, so you completed the 40,000 match points to get the MECH, you only have 25 games under your belt, some do the math, that 1000 + match score every game, or you just go to event PAGE, its listed at the top of the page, you really need to earn the MECH.

SAWK

View PostKycomputer, on 21 September 2021 - 03:44 PM, said:

@Sawk Well, my understanding is that you only need to do the 40k score for the pattern itself, not the mech. My completed progress for the tier that *looks* like is supposed to grant it + mech bay.

View PostSawk, on 21 September 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

ITS not TRUE, GO to the EVENT web page, you get nothing for FREE, YOU NEED TO EARN It, why you FOLKS, think your getting anything for free.

SAWK CLANNER

Pardon my sticking a foot into this conversation, 'Sawk' & 'Kycomputer', but there appears to be stuff which I should point out. :huh:

First, the 40K MS (Match Score) is thoroughly divorced from the rest of the Challenges on the roster. This means that nothing else is earned directly with the Match Score itself, 'Kycomputer'. But even then, it seems like 'Sawk' is a little frustrated and unclear with their wording. The only thing which the 40K MS gets is the pattern. Other things are required to get the rest. :o

Second, and this is one which I will give to 'Sawk' here, literally NOTHING is free here. It all must indeed be earned through the effort required to complete the Event Challenges and reach the unlock points. Anyone who thinks "Oh, I played a few Rounds, now where is my stuff?" is going to have to get a clue that they need to complete the goals. :mellow:

Third and final, and this is where I'm mandatorily required to burn 'Sawk' to the ground, the Event Web Page is NEVER the place to Claim anything. Use it ONLY to Monitor your progression, 'Kycomputer', as people have run into extreme issues with trying to Claim anything through there. If you earn something and wish to Claim that, use the MWO Live Game Client's In-Game Event Browser to do it, or you will otherwise likely end up in "Item Claim Hell" with the Website's Event Page trying to figure out if you even received the item at all! :(

View PostClay Endfield, on 21 September 2021 - 06:42 PM, said:

Well, then stop approaching the game like a grind, and play to have fun. If that's too much to expect, then don't expect to get the pattern.

You have a full month to accumulate the Matchscore by playing casually. You don't have to to get the pattern in the first week. Besides, if you think this is bad... wait for the holiday events, where you have 3 weeks to accumulate 75,000 matchscore for a bauble.

Pardon me, 'Clay Endfield'... But, I think you may be overstating that MS (Match Score) Requirement a bit? Recent years have shown that PGI's Events Team is not making people murderously play to that kind of extent. Maybe perhaps only to 45K MS total, as some of that beyond 22.5K MS ends up racking up from Damage-related earnings, but definitely NOT to 75K MS in the end. ^_^

...and now here I scoot again. Time waits for nobody. B)

~D. V. "trying to help keep mental explosives diffused in the WHM-6R Event Thread's space" Devnull

#49 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 September 2021 - 09:06 AM

There's a good mech build guide to each and every monthly free mech here:

https://mwomercs.com...free-mech-guide

https://docs.google....Aud8VihUp7zDCUw

Multiple builds for everyone's style and taste!

#50 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostSawk, on 21 September 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

SAWK CLANNER

Are you missing the point?

#51 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 22 September 2021 - 04:00 PM

LOL --- ok ok ok -- i stand corrected, i was wrong , i Looked, i myself am waiting on KILLS ect, but you still have to earn it, NOW i just need figure out a way to twist this, so i fight someone 1 ON 1, its the Clan Blood.

SAWK

#52 Yukikaze Alecto

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:33 AM

Well, I'm a little annoyed. Didn't realize that if you already had the -6R, it wouldn't give you another mech. Didn't even get the C-bill equivalent either. Well, at least I got the free 'Mech bay.

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 04:52 AM

View PostYukikaze Alecto, on 26 September 2021 - 04:33 AM, said:

Well, I'm a little annoyed. Didn't realize that if you already had the -6R, it wouldn't give you another mech. Didn't even get the C-bill equivalent either. Well, at least I got the free 'Mech bay.

You should go and re-check your Mech Bays quickly, even if you have to...
  • Change how you sort them
  • Re-Login to the MWO Live Game Client
  • Go play a few Matches and come back to check again
  • Stop using the Website's Event Tracker Claim Buttons (as the Website Event Tracker Claim Buttons don't always award things properly, and the In-Game Event Browser will usually save you from any problems happening)
  • Walk away from MWO for more than 24 Hours and then come back to check again
...and then Contact MWO Support if you're still having problems. Unless something is really messed up, and/or you used the Website Event Tracker Claim Buttons, and/or tons of other people are not getting theirs via the In-Game Event Browser itself either, then you should have received another WHM-6R in your personal Mech Garage to use already. :mellow:

~D. V. "gets the distinct impression of you using the wrong Claim Button to get your 2021 September WHM-6R" Devnull

#54 Yukikaze Alecto

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:03 AM

Weird. Because it gave me the Mech Bay (which is directly linked to getting the -6R) and all the other awards when I was on the site. Not until I tried what you suggested, logging out and then back in, did it finally show up. It didn't even list it originally in that pop-up which appears showing all your loot.

Technology. Can't live without it, not allowed to smash it when its being dumb.

#55 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:14 AM

By the way - what about make a poll for next "month free mech" ?..

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:34 AM

View PostYukikaze Alecto, on 26 September 2021 - 05:03 AM, said:

Weird. Because it gave me the Mech Bay (which is directly linked to getting the -6R) and all the other awards when I was on the site. Not until I tried what you suggested, logging out and then back in, did it finally show up. It didn't even list it originally in that pop-up which appears showing all your loot.

Technology. Can't live without it, not allowed to smash it when its being dumb.

That is the curse associated with trying to use those Claim Buttons on the Website Event Tracker page. I have no idea what went wrong behind the scenes when they were first designing it. Unfortunately, they pretty well made sure that if you want things to work the first time, then there is no choice other than using the In-Game Event Browser and the Claim Buttons within that. Just avoid using the ones in the Website pages in the future, and you'll be just fine. ;)

View PostPz_DC, on 26 September 2021 - 05:14 AM, said:

By the way - what about make a poll for next "month free mech" ?..

Oh... but they know what everyone wants... an "UrbanMech IIC" to use. (I know that it doesn't exist yet, but I had to joke for once!) :P

~D. V. "Never use the Website Tracker Event Claim Buttons... Beware the next Monthly Mech Event..." Devnull

#57 Yukikaze Alecto

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:50 AM

Nah, just make it official with how the new maps are setup and give us the Hellstar. Just that it's completely stripped of all components (no engine, no guns, no armor, not a single heat sink, nadda), but once you do buy everything for it, it can fire four CERPPCs without experiencing spontaneous critical existence failure. The paid for 'non-monkey model' version, which comes with everything, +PPC range, +PPC cooldown, further PPC heat reduction, etc comes sometime in mid-2022.

Edited by Yukikaze Alecto, 26 September 2021 - 05:51 AM.

#58 D1SCIPLE

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 05:06 PM

I finally finished and did not receive the paint pattern. Is the pattern a one shot or can i paint my other 7 warhammers with the same scheme?

#59 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 26 September 2021 - 09:53 PM

View PostMW Bandit, on 26 September 2021 - 05:06 PM, said:

I finally finished and did not receive the paint pattern.

Have you clicked the "Redeem" button?

Is the pattern a one shot or can i paint my other 7 warhammers with the same scheme?

It is a permanent pattern. You can return to it whenever you wish and it should be usable on all your Warhammers.

#60 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 27 September 2021 - 04:00 AM

I finally finished and did not receive the paint pattern.

View Postmartian, on 26 September 2021 - 09:53 PM, said:

Have you clicked the "Redeem" button?

Further, if they did click to Claim/Redeem, was it the one that is on the Website Tracker, or is it the one from the In-Game Event Browser? :o

~D. V. "arriving with the other half of that 2021 September WHM-6R Event's Reward-related Question" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users