Wall Missing Ramp Or Two

2 replies to this topic

#1 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 05:30 AM

Surprised no one has still noticed this.

When Canyon was reworked with more ramps and bridges, one wall stood out as having no ramps at all. While there are 2 bridges to it, players seem to avoid these I figure to not take weapons fire.

This results in an entire wall the team spawning near F4 being able to use this wall as a defensive barrier forcing an opposing team to either go the long way around the 2 map edges or use the mentioned bridges that are avoided.
This may also be why so many teams I see that spawn at or near F4 always tend to go to this area in any mode that is not Domination and may also create this 'E5 sniping problem' mentioned at link.

Skirmish and Assault, F4 team goes to the defense wall and either uses it to force the opposing team to come to them or to rush the opposing base in Assault.

Conquest, F4 team always rushes Eps as a 12 man no matter which side I have been on using wall as cover. Tried once to ask team to do another approach, no one listens, that is the power of the Wall.

Pictures to prove this, first 2 shots of the No Ramp Fortress Wall.

Posted Image
Posted Image

For comparison 2 shots of Hibernal same wall but it has 2 ramps that make a difference, opposing team can put Mechs in the canyon then use the ramps to climb and attack since the orange outlined ramps have partial cover while climbing that the bridges on Canyon lack.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Map of Canyon showing problem area.
Wall marked in purple.
Exposed bridges marked in green.
Canyon marked in yellow, this canyon can use the ramps on Hibernal to safely attack the purple wall but no ramps on Canyon map either make them useless, force them to climb the opposing side and use bridges that are too exposed thus avoided or finally force opposing team to run around map edges creating a 'fort' behind purple wall not available on Hibernal.

Posted Image

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 November 2021 - 04:14 AM

Consider me as someone who gives SUPPORT to your idea... I think we definitely need the upward Ramp over in E4 for sure, in order to balance that Map and make it more enjoyable to play. :)

~D. V. "sees what you're talking about in E4 on Canyon Network and agrees a Ramp should be present" Devnull

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 06 November 2021 - 04:59 AM

View PostWildstreak, on 21 September 2021 - 05:30 AM, said:

Surprised no one has still noticed this.

When Canyon was reworked with more ramps and bridges, one wall stood out as having no ramps at all. While there are 2 bridges to it, players seem to avoid these I figure to not take weapons fire.

You are right. That "Fortress Wall" would deserve one or two ramps.

I hate when my "team" is composed of braindead lemmings who jump into that narrow canyon from the low ramp D3/D4 and quickly die there, because the only exit is the ramp at the intersection of C4/D4/C5/D5. Unfortunately, getting there requires the running alongside the entire canyon with the enemy 'Mechs right above them. (not to talk that it is a stupid thing to go into that canyon in the first place Posted Image )

Ramps would give them at least some opportunity to climb that "Fortress Wall".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users