Increase Playeravailability By Reducing Qp Matchtime.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 21 September 2021 - 10:56 AM

Imo most QP matches are decided in the first 5 to 6 minutes of fighting and that leaves 9 to 10 minutes of a match rather boring and unpleasant to participate/watch.
Especially if it turns out to be a rabbithunt or hide a mech situation or a 1 mech tries to destroy the enemy base with 1 small laser and does not get it in 5 minutes so they lose anyway situation.

To put timeconstraint on the players and force them to act sooner and more decisive in the start pahse of a match as well as preventing dead time in the endgame QP matches should have a time limit of 10 minutes.

This also makes certain objective based win situation more likely to happen as the dynamic shifts from pure mech killing to a possible obejctive blitz winning.

Matches should become way more dynamic.

This also will make players stuck in dead matches available sooner for the matchmaker to set up new matches and should so reduce matchmaking time further.

So i suggest to reduce matchtime in QP from 15 minutes to 10 minutes!

Edited by Thorqemada, 21 September 2021 - 10:57 AM.

#2 Ghoja

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 91 posts

Posted 05 October 2021 - 02:08 AM

I agree with this, I have posted a similar suggestion elsewhere I believe... I doubt the matches will become more dynamic, or would impact actual play at all, but it would speed up matchmaking at least. Other gameplay ideas/changes I had suggested in my post were changes to conquest (mission objective is pointless in most cases just ends up another brawl). I'd suggest making it something of a mix of FP scouting and incursion modes... Some respawning resource nodes and some not respawning nodes (worth more) that must be grabbed and brought back to base. This would change the gameplay of the mode from just another brawl, to one of getting to and defending one of the (maybe 2) respawning nodes to get the resources. That, or make it something like the old school Unreal Tournament domination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users