#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 September 2021 - 02:24 PM

Hello all,

I bough all the Nightstars back when I first started playing and while I have a fair amount of xp earned on them, I never converted that xp into skill points because frankly, I didn't know where to put them because the chassis, while serviceable, was very bland. I only had two of them fully skilled, the -9P for dakka and the Wolf Phoenix for MRMs.

The latest patch has been a boon to the chassis. It's still not great when compared to other 95-ton mechs and it has still has the IS disadvantages of being slow, hot, and ammo starved, but at least it's not a paper weight anymore. They finally have meaningful quirks which gives each variant a distinctive flavour which can be augmented in the skill tree. Being able to fire three ERPPCs or four RAC2s without ghost heat or have a 30% UAC jam chance reduction makes the NSR a lot more useful, and fun in quickplay imo.

Thanks Cauldron.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 22 September 2021 - 03:30 PM.

#2 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 February 2022 - 12:34 PM

yeah i love my quad RAC/2 Nightstar since the patch. i almost always get decent numbers with it as long as my team doesn't do stupid **** that gets everyone killed. (i run it with a pair of MLs as backup that honestly rarely get used unless i lose an arm or something. part of me just doesn't like having an all ammo dependent build)

its geometry is still bad though as those arms stick out a mile and a half. its even worse than the Ebon jag (though i have 2 i think both from free mech events i almost never use clan mechs)

Edited by VeeOt Dragon, 23 February 2022 - 12:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users