5 replies to this topic

#1 Grumpy Old Grognard

Rookie

• The Bullneck
  • The Bullneck
  • 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:37 AM

Hello, new player here. I love the game and have been having a lot of fun in quick play, but I wanted to start playing faction warfare. However, when I enter the queue or click on a reinforcement popup, I end up waiting forever to get into a game, eventually leaving the lobby and going back to quick play. Are people still playing this game mode? I want to get involved but faction warfare is inaccessible to me right now.

#2 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:43 AM

FP runs around 1800 UTC time to 0500. From your posting time you're queuing when everyone is sleeping.

#3 Grumpy Old Grognard

Rookie

• The Bullneck
  • The Bullneck
  • 9 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 September 2021 - 07:49 AM

OK thanks for letting me know. Would it be easier to get involved if I joined a unit?

#4 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 30 September 2021 - 08:49 AM

You do not necessarily have to join a unit, but you'll find it easier to get games, and will almost certainly enjoy the games more, if you find a group of people you enjoy playing with. That might mean shopping around a few different units just to see if they can pick you up when they're forming a group to get in the queue. As long as you're not a jerk, most groups are usually happy to have a known person group up with them, rather than see what randomly happens with the matchmaker.

Edited by Khalcruth, 30 September 2021 - 08:51 AM.

#5 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 September 2021 - 09:29 AM

U can see if number of players in line for both sides if u look in the faction tab. Getting in touch with some fp players or joining a unit helps, since your xp will be better and you start matches faster (u get priority with groups over solos) since people start to jump in que if they see it starts getting active.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 September 2021 - 05:10 PM

View PostUlrich Von Liechtenstein, on 30 September 2021 - 07:49 AM, said:

OK thanks for letting me know. Would it be easier to get involved if I joined a unit?

Yes.

Or a group - Solo will always get skipped.

And yeah the time you posted, probably takes 1-2hrs before it really picks up more during the week. Weekends a bit different, it can start earlier occasionally.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users