Make A Build-Sharing Forum

4 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 30 September 2021 - 08:18 PM

Uses https://mwo.nav-alpha.com/ API.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 02 October 2021 - 03:40 AM

I thought we already have this in "Training Grounds > New Player Help > BattleMechs" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/forum/96-battlemechs/ being as all someone would have to do is create a Topic in the appropriate spot, and then provide either an Import Code or a Direct Link to the Mech Build which that person wishes for others to see??? :blink:

~D. V. "I could be wrong, but I think a place to share Builds already exists?" Devnull

[Minor Edit by the rather confused Post Author for a little touch of info that they didn't originally communicate...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 October 2021 - 03:42 AM.

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 08:34 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 October 2021 - 03:40 AM, said:

I thought we already have this in "Training Grounds > New Player Help > BattleMechs" @ https://mwomercs.com/forums/forum/96-battlemechs/ being as all someone would have to do is create a Topic in the appropriate spot, and then provide either an Import Code or a Direct Link to the Mech Build which that person wishes for others to see??? Posted Image

~D. V. "I could be wrong, but I think a place to share Builds already exists?" Devnull

[Minor Edit by the rather confused Post Author for a little touch of info that they didn't originally communicate...]

I think that the OP would like to see some way of inserting 'Mech build previews into forum posts.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 03 October 2021 - 06:05 AM

View Postmartian, on 02 October 2021 - 08:34 AM, said:

I think that the OP would like to see some way of inserting 'Mech build previews into forum posts.

If that's the case and I'm confused, then I hope that 'The6thMessenger' will fix their opening post. They totally left me spun over on my head. :wacko:

Also, they would definitely have my SUPPORT for adding a Forum Tag which would provide such a Build Preview for others to look at! ^_^

~D. V. "may indeed be confused here, but willing to give Support to a good 'Build Preview Forum Tag'-related idea" Devnull

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 06 December 2021 - 12:27 AM

It is sad, that the forums for the game designed around various 'Mech builds, lacks such functionality.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users