Cannot Get Into A Game

3 replies to this topic

#1 Yaco_

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 03:52 PM

So I was wondering if someone could help me, 2 - 3 times now I have qued up and made sure im at the very most the 12th person in que so im "next" however even though I have been even 5th to que up it never puts me into a game?

#2 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 02 October 2021 - 04:18 PM

Matchmaker in Faction Play prefers groups. So Matchmaker makes out of all groups who are in queue a team, if not enough groups are there he takes solo-players.

12 man groups skip all other groups. They skip everyone who is waiting.

So my hint is, try finding people who are allready playing Faction Play, and ask them if they could invite you into their group, and help you, explaining you stuff, tell you good mech builds, tell you good strats, good tactics etc.

At the beginning of a match, you can see which map the game will happen on. So you have a 2 min or 1:30 min timer, in this time you can select your dropdeck and even change your dropdeck, so you will have the right mechs for the upcoming map.

Faction Play uses highly specialized Mech Builds, you need at least a drop-deck with specialized long range Mechs (900-1000 Meter optimal range) and a dropdeck with Mid-range Mechs (400/500 - 800 Meter optimal range).

All Mechs should be fully skilled.

If you simply drop with a couple of your friends and no one of you have ever played Faction Play, it will be pretty tough for you.

You can ignore all the stuff the counter is saying.

"You got a priority spot."
"You are next in line"
"Next game will start for you"

They simply copied the counter from Solaris and for Solaris this was true.
But not for Faction Play.

#3 Jugger Grimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 263 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAddicks, Fed Suns

Posted 02 October 2021 - 05:17 PM

Read that "Welcome" one more time and let things come into focus. Not trying to scare you, just letting you know that as fun as FW is, it is also unforgiving. Builds you take into a QP match won't often last long in a FW drop. Like tee5 said, learn about FW drop decks and what builds to put in them. Find a good FW group - lots out there! Lots of Discord and Teamspeak servers running. Most are more than willing to teach new players, too. Once you get the maps down and the basics covered (mech respawns/waves, O-Gens, Omega, turrets, etc) things get much easier. Focus on teamwork more than anything, and you'll be fine. Good luck! o7

Posted Image

#4 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 04 October 2021 - 04:35 AM

. . . or to put it another way; PGI promised a mm system that would ensure everyone got to play, solo, duo, or whatever size was going into the FW drop, the model showed how solo would be prioritised as the group drops moved through to ensure they had the chance to play. However, like many things PGI promised, this never came to fruition where there are mixed size groups trying to get a game and the 12 man took priority because the algorithm worked best for getting faster drops.

So to keep it brief, the 12 man will run roughshod over the solo because its was easier for the mm and because FW tends to be a lot lower on numbers than a couple of years back, premade 12 man drops almost need to be in place for FW to operate at all; sad but true.

Best advice, put yourself on LFG and post into the FW channel, that way you may get picked up for a drop. Do well and apply to the unit that best fits your play style.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users