No Spam In Chat, Recent Controversy Opinion

182 replies to this topic

#181 YiffyInAJiffy

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:03 PM

View PostBeet Wagon, on 06 October 2021 - 01:32 PM, said:

There is nothing funnier than when someone who has spent days online crying about potentially seeing the phrase "trans rights" in pregame chat tries to pull the "I want you to be accepted, but to do that you have to stop annoying me first! You should listen to me because I'm actually an ally!" thing. I've never understood how you people are able to suggest that what marginalized people should do is actually stay quiet and wait for your benevolence to lift them up, all while repeatedly suggesting that very benevolence is contingent on us not unduly bothering you.

No, we don't need to listen to you. You are not an ally, or a potential ally, you're a wall. And you don't listen to a wall, or negotiate with a wall. You go around it or you climb over it or you knock it down. In fact, this entire situation is a great example of that. We made enough noise (and PGI got enough bad press) that they decided to be more inclusive of trans people, all while you - little, powerless you - stood, arms crossed, throwing a tantrum and demanding that if we want to achieve our goal we should actually be quiet.

Beautifully said. Wish I could be half as concise or as cutting.

#182 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:39 PM

View PostDanichi Itobar, on 06 October 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

Are you hearing what im saying?

Yes, and what you said is horrific. "Don't bother anyone, just be quiet and wait to be bequeathed rights and status."

That's not how democracy works, friend. That's not how progress works, either. Those who do not have a seat at the table need to make noise until someone agrees to scoot over and offer them a chair. If they don't, then nothing will change.

"Good trouble" is the only path forward.

#183 alpacagirl

Rookie

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Great work everyone, I'll make sure that your SorosBucks™ checks are in the mail by Friday. Happy to see another successful false flag

View PostNotSoDeadpool15, on 05 October 2021 - 02:57 PM, said:

I'm just hoping some of the people who came to this and the other thread thinking, "why do we need to talk about trans rights" read some of these posts and left going "oh that's why"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users