Are We Gonna Talk About This Apology Letter?

449 replies to this topic

#441 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:17 PM

Love how the chuds here have changed the narrative from "This has no place in MWO" to "This has no place in MWO but also let me tell you why I think it's bad and wrong with half assed, none cited studies that I just can't find the links to right now oops, teehee."

Or even worse
"This has no place in MWO but I will die on the hill arguing in favour of peds"

What a champion. I can only assume they're still in school.

Edited by Pika, 06 October 2021 - 02:18 PM.

#442 Bronn of the Blackwater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Kommandant
  • Kommandant
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:19 PM

20 pages. As European i find terribly hard to believe that people can be harmed of offended for a name in a videogame. Even the most trolling or offensive name i can imagine is pretty irrelevant in the context of a videogame. For me reivindidications and political or even human rights fights are too vauable to get lost in a videogame. Games are suposed to be NOT REAL. Games are suposed to be a place where you can play with things that will cost you life or reputation in real life. Games are the space to get your shadow free, and be heores or villains. This is the point. There are games where you can have an humanoid avatar, and i see legitimate to be able to have a diversity of bodies to give all the freedom to create a character. But really, i´m sympathetic with trans rights, at the time i´m very skeptical about how can the name of a team have an impact on real life.
There is no real change for good in all this discussion. Zero. Even if the "Trans· teams won the championship. The subject is everywhere, and the same nature of the game makes any deep reflection about the trans issues very problematic.

I can support the cause, but be in disagree about how, when and where is profitable for all bring ligh on it

#443 Pika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 568 posts
  • LocationLiverpool, UK

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:22 PM

View PostTirant Lo Blanc, on 06 October 2021 - 02:19 PM, said:

20 pages.

The only reason we're 20 pages deep is because people can't seem to accept PGI walking back a mistake. For some reason this was seen as a massive problem.

The fact we're 20 pages deep means people have a problem. Because the correct answer to the initial post from PGI should have been "Huh, fair enough." just before hitting the queue button. Not this.

#444 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:25 PM

View PostPika, on 06 October 2021 - 02:22 PM, said:

The only reason we're 20 pages deep is because people can't seem to accept PGI walking back a mistake. For some reason this was seen as a massive problem.

The fact we're 20 pages deep means people have a problem. Because the correct answer to the initial post from PGI should have been "Huh, fair enough." just before hitting the queue button. Not this.

That's why I'd prefer to move on at this point, doesn't look like people will give up anytime soon defending what they believe in, even if it's wrong.

#445 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:27 PM

View Postccrider, on 06 October 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

feewaiver: a trans woman living in a world of fear

Also feewaiver = equates accepting trans people to accepting pedophilia...

I can't quite put my finger on it, but one of those two things just feels off.....

lmao he thinks that if he calls himself trans that we have to worship him or something.

#446 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,748 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:28 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 06 October 2021 - 02:25 PM, said:

That's why I'd prefer to move on at this point, doesn't look like people will give up anytime soon defending what they believe in, even if it's wrong.

If someone on the internet is wrong, its my experience that a thread on the internet won't change that. Posted Image

#447 Splitcart

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:32 PM

View Postpattonesque, on 06 October 2021 - 02:20 PM, said:

....a compulsion that actively harms a vulnerable population and most be prevented from doing so...

Gee it’s almost like the argument I’m making.... Guess what, I’m prolife too, I think murdering babies is bad.

View PostGas Guzzler, on 06 October 2021 - 02:05 PM, said:

[Citation needed]

Atrazine

Edited by Splitcart, 06 October 2021 - 02:33 PM.

#448 Chadoken

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:43 PM

View PostSplitcart, on 06 October 2021 - 02:32 PM, said:

Gee it’s almost like the argument I’m making.... Guess what, I’m prolife too, I think murdering babies is bad.

Yes we already know you think people shouldn't have autonomy over their own bodies thanks.

#449 MechWarrior5782621

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:44 PM

Posted Image

#450 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 06 October 2021 - 02:45 PM

Ya know what, Fee?

You're right.*

Pedophiles can't help being what they are, and I guarantee that quote will be quoted out of context so have at it.

Here's the difference - 'what they are' is actively, acutely, and irreparably harmful to others. If they can contain themselves and avoid acting on those impulses? Then frankly, no harm no foul - you only earn the title '*********' when you start giving in to those urges. People who do so must be stopped, and whatever means are necessary must be employed to prevent their regrettable urges form causing further harm.

With certain exceptions, I do not hate pedophiles. Rather, I tend to pity them, because they cannot help what they're born as any more than anyone else can. But just like you can be born a psychopath without that making psychopathy okay, in this case the way someone is cannot be allowed to stand due to the harm it causes others, and my pity is not to be mistaken for my forbearance. Bad-touch a kid, get what's coming to you.

Now. Tell me how any of that applies to transgender people. Any of it at all. Short answer: it doesn't. Being trans, or LGBTQ+ in any respect, does not inflict harm on other people. Period. Nobody is going to suffer an uncontrollable urge to break into your house and ravage your backdoor, and frankly even if someone did? We have another word for people that do that, one I can't type here because of MWO's ridiculously over-strict cuss filters, but just like wine it can easily be distilled from "Grape". Someone being LGBTQ+ does not make them any more likely to perpetrate Grape, regardless of the vintage of the individual involved.

Now stop it. If you're trans yourself I cannot believe you don't know better than this. It's patently ridiculous, knock it off.

*no, you're not actually right in any way that matters. Not even 'technically', in this case.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users