Unable To Count Or Just Don't Know How The Queue Works?

29 replies to this topic

#1 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 08 October 2021 - 06:52 AM

FP queue sitting at IS 1 vs Clans 11.... slowly builds to 5 vs 11. Enter 6 bright players and the queue is at 5 vs 17. *SMH*

So are they thick, trolls or only play Clan because "MUH LOAR!!"?

Glad I stuck my head in to see how the game is after a few months off, some things never change I guess.

#2 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 07:44 AM

Too scared to attack.

#3 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 08:21 AM

So the 11 guys are a big group, or maybe one Unit. Which are well coordinated, veterans, maybe all together on discord or teamspeak. They will probably win, and have probably won many matches before, and driven some players away. Thats why its 11/5.

On the 5 guys side you have individual players, Cadets, 2 man groups. People not willing to coordinate, not expirienced players, bad players etc. They will probably lose the match.

So if you join on the 5 man side, with your 6 man group you will probably lose and get slaughtered. But you get a match.

If you join on the 11 man side, you will be on the winning side, but will probably not get a match, because your group sizes do not fit together. But you can see it as a statement,

"We know you are there with your 11 man group waiting to slaughter some pugs, but we are not that stupid to play targets for you. Go and find some real opponents, some other 11 man group as enemy. If you don't find another 11 man group as enemies, maybe we have reached the final form of Faction Play, its END."

or its a group who plays only Clan.

EDIT: Spelling of probably

Edited by tee5, 08 October 2021 - 08:24 AM.

#4 Jun Watarase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:33 AM

Maybe im missing something, but how do you "choose" whether to attack or defend? Right now it says i automatically play for clan nova cat, which i think is on the defending side...and it wont let me switch to marik. Its grayed out and it shows that marik has 54% of the population. So how are people choosing?

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:34 AM

View PostJohn Bronco, on 08 October 2021 - 07:44 AM, said:

Too scared to attack.

This.

Certain players/groups/units are well known for it too. Queue can be 5/28 and they will sit in a 12man on defense.

Laughable.

#6 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 11:41 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 08 October 2021 - 11:33 AM, said:

Maybe im missing something, but how do you "choose" whether to attack or defend?

If you are rank 20 and want to play towards a Hero rank you should not switch faction. Because then you would lose your loyality points back till rank 20.

Or if you want to play Mercenary, then this changing faction is not for you.

FACTION DETAILS and then select IS-Side or Clan Side and then Select the Faction you want.

PS: I almost always select the Faction that takes part in the conflict. e.g. if its Clan Wolf vs Kurita. I select Clan Wolf or Kurita because then you get 120% instead of only 100% Loyality Points.

But when you are always switching factions, you always earn Loyality Points for a different Faction, you must be aware of that.

Edited by tee5, 08 October 2021 - 11:46 AM.

#7 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 12:23 PM

View Posttee5, on 08 October 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

If you are rank 20 and want to play towards a Hero rank you should not switch faction. Because then you would lose your loyality points back till rank 20. Or if you want to play Mercenary, then this changing faction is not for you. FACTION DETAILS and then select IS-Side or Clan Side and then Select the Faction you want. PS: I almost always select the Faction that takes part in the conflict. e.g. if its Clan Wolf vs Kurita. I select Clan Wolf or Kurita because then you get 120% instead of only 100% Loyality Points. But when you are always switching factions, you always earn Loyality Points for a different Faction, you must be aware of that.

Not what I asked. If its marik attacking and clan nova cat defending, how can you switch to marik to attack when the game wont let you?

Edited by Jun Watarase, 08 October 2021 - 12:23 PM.

#8 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 01:19 PM

View Posttee5, on 08 October 2021 - 11:41 AM, said:

FACTION DETAILS and then select IS-Side or Clan Side and then Select the Faction you want.

Hello I wrote it. Duhh.

Edited by tee5, 08 October 2021 - 01:20 PM.

#9 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 08 October 2021 - 04:09 PM

View PostJun Watarase, on 08 October 2021 - 12:23 PM, said:

Not what I asked. If its marik attacking and clan nova cat defending, how can you switch to marik to attack when the game wont let you?

There's a tab on the left that lets you change your faction. There is no delay or penalty anymore. You can change faction willy nilly now.

#10 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 08 October 2021 - 05:22 PM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 08 October 2021 - 06:52 AM, said:

FP queue sitting at IS 1 vs Clans 11.... slowly builds to 5 vs 11. Enter 6 bright players and the queue is at 5 vs 17. *SMH*

So are they thick, trolls or only play Clan because "MUH LOAR!!"?

Glad I stuck my head in to see how the game is after a few months off, some things never change I guess.

It sat at 11/13 for like three hours one day last week. Some people are thick, some are just scared to lose matches and mechs in this little pretend game.

#11 Jun Watarase

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 07:54 AM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 08 October 2021 - 04:09 PM, said:

There's a tab on the left that lets you change your faction. There is no delay or penalty anymore. You can change faction willy nilly now.

But it wont let me pick "marik", its grayed out. I thought that was because marik has a higher population? Or am i supposed to pledge loyalty to a IS faction first?

#12 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 10:19 AM

NOT SELECT FACTION. YOU NEED TO CLICK FACTION DETAILS.

Do you even read what I wrote?

PS: Of course you need to pledge for an IS Faction. You can not play as Claner on IS side.

Edited by tee5, 10 October 2021 - 10:23 AM.

#13 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:36 AM

Its actually quite sad to see FP stuck like this with such low numbers. Day was, when units would happily swap sides to make sure drops happened regardless of chances of winning; QP and the 4 men (or more when you see the sync dropping kick into effect and there are 6+ members from the same unit on opposite sides) really doesn't help either.

In these cases, its not the mechanic for getting drops, just the lack of initiative/common sense in how to approach the modes.

#14 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 20 October 2021 - 09:04 AM

and pgi broke it again.

#15 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 24 October 2021 - 01:49 PM

Queue at 10 - 12 (IS vs Clan)......

Two players join the queue ....... on the Clan side!!!!! We then sit like that for nearly ten minutes, seriously? Is it that difficult to figure out?

#16 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 October 2021 - 06:16 AM

View PostJun Watarase, on 10 October 2021 - 07:54 AM, said:

But it wont let me pick "marik", its grayed out. I thought that was because marik has a higher population? Or am i supposed to pledge loyalty to a IS faction first?

Bingo, either Pledge loyalty to an IS faction first or go Merc (part of a unit) / Freelancer (no unit).

If a player is a merc/freelancer, switching sides is easy. But if a player is pledged to Clans then said players have to jump through a few more hoops.
  • Select Faction is only for those already a Merc/Freelancer,
  • To switch from Clan to IS, a player would select Faction Details / Innersphere / View Factions / Select one of the Houses and Pledge Loyalty. Similar pathway if going from IS to Merc

• To go Merc/Freelancer, the above but select Clans / View Factions / select your Clan then Rescind Loyalty. Similar pathway if a House member going Merc

As for Defending - whichever Faction owns the planet is the Defender.. So if CGB owns the planet, it is whichever House is attacking vs CGB.

#17 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 888 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 17 November 2021 - 10:41 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 24 October 2021 - 01:49 PM, said:

Queue at 10 - 12 (IS vs Clan)......

Two players join the queue ....... on the Clan side!!!!! We then sit like that for nearly ten minutes, seriously? Is it that difficult to figure out?

You know, I chosen to be a loyalist because, well, I want to play as a loyalist. It means not change side whenever the wind changes and someone urinates into it from the wrong directions. Loyalist. If this means to join a queue what is well over 12 then what? Being loyal is the base to be a loyalist. Chose a side and remain loyal. If I would once reach the Hero of Jade Falcons, you know, I would still remain a clan loyalist IN JF colours. I made my decision and loyalism is not a girlfriend you could change whenever you got tired by her... Some people thinks and feel that way and that is not against you nor something "cantcha count U noob" thing.

Of course common fear could be a factor for many to change sides. I do not care. I not fear to face with Yondu, Stinker, Curse of the Battlefields or anyone else. I would be killed swiftly? Yes. But that is part of the game. FP not even affects anyone's stats so such fear from "super basher giga teams" is stupid.

Also it could help if FP would be a bit more variety. IS vs Clan. Hmmm... F**king rarely IS vs IS. Well, like those... But never clan vs clan? CvC matches may help to solve some 5\88 IS\clan queues, maybe not. Most probaly not but at least could bring some more variety.

Maybe I were a bit rude but meh! Sometimes, someone must be rude a little otherwise people tend to not believe them fully... And about loyalty things, remember that old truth: Everyone bring his\her real attributes, ideas or mere behavior into a game.

#18 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 10:22 AM

Yes, loyalty to fictional group in a fictional universe is absolutely more important than actually playing the game.

#19 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 November 2021 - 12:28 PM

I am also a loyalist. This means a lot to me as well.

(Of course, I switch loyalty to where ever gets me a match, but technically, I'm still a loyalist!)

#20 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 19 November 2021 - 12:30 AM

Dont blame the 3 loyalists remaining. Main problem is main population loves to hide in defence. The few loyalists at least attack when their time has come.

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 19 November 2021 - 10:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users