• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 October 2021 - 12:01 PM

Cobra

Rated R

A police officer known as Cobra is called upon when a situation gets so bad nobody else can handle it. The movie begins with a group of men banging axes together over their heads followed by a supermarket hostage scene. Cobra arrives and well, bang, bad guy dead. Meanwhile the city is terrorized by a serial killer and Cobra finds himself protecting the witness. The movie ends with a final showdown in a foundry.

The movie features foul language and violence. Not for children. A fairly good movie despite the fact that it's of the 80's. One of those rare shows that make a slow Saturday worth sitting down on the couch and playing potato.

#2 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 274 posts

Posted 20 November 2021 - 04:01 PM

I remember watching this movie when I was really young, like somewhere between 8-10 years old and liking Cobra's vibe but became really bored with him when he "simped" out for the lady. Now I know that simp term has a bad connotation for the person using it, but when you're that young and not into girls, John Cobretti (IIRC) kind of lost my interest half way into the movie and it was just a matter of wading through the movie until the final confrontation. The antagonist was fairly menacing and felt more darker than the usual action movie villains of that time. I have contemplated going back to watch that movie again after all these years and see how it holds up now that I'm 30 years older.

I remember my young self thinking the movie would be soo much better if Cobra just kept going from hostage situation to hostage situation for 90 minutes until the movie would just end.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users