Please Create Separate Sub-Boards For Feedback Regarding Various Variants Of Similarly-Named Maps In The Game?

Suggestion

2 replies to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 October 2021 - 09:47 AM

Hello there, PGI Forum Admins & Staff... :mellow:

Recently in my looking around the Forums here, it happens that I have (after a massive amount of mental delay accentuated by life) realized & noticed many Threads which all reference Maps (and their Variants which exist) with names happening to include references for such as "Forest Colony" and/or "Frozen City" but are not talking about the exact same Variant of those Maps when attempting to discuss a thought about them. Unfortunately, all of the Threads which reference either "Forest Colony" and/or "Frozen City" are being lumped into single Board locations for each of those Map Names listed, when it would be much more respectful/useful/helpful/painless to have Board areas for each separate Map Variant of those particular Map Names in the list. Therefore, it happens I would like to ask that there please be a breakout and proper shifting of Threads so that the "Forest Colony" & "Frozen City" Board areas become six separate Board areas such as...
  • Forest Colony (New from June 2016)
  • Forest Colony (Classic)
  • Forest Colony Snow (Classic)
  • Frozen City (New from June 2016)
  • Frozen City (Classic)
  • Frozen City Night (Classic)
...in order to enable proper discussion of these six separate Map Variants without confusion & headaches as to who is talking about what Map Variant in the future. Could this hope/dream/request/suggestion for sanity (and perhaps mental peace as well) in the Forums here PLEASE be made an actual thing, in order to keep the Forums from being shorted on reasonable & proper organization and the obvious enjoyment which can come with it? :o

~D. V. "Hopes to make Map-Related Discussions better for all on MWO's Forums" Devnull

(p.s.: Sorry that I did not think of suggesting this some time before now, like on the order of several years. It took me some time to wake up to what was happening! :( ...)

#2 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 30 October 2021 - 06:27 AM

I would categorize them into 3 broad categories:

- Remodelled/Remaked/Revamped etc...
- Legacy
- Classic

And then put all of them in proper subcategories. :D

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 31 October 2021 - 12:06 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 30 October 2021 - 06:27 AM, said:

I would categorize them into 3 broad categories:

- Remodelled/Remaked/Revamped etc...
- Legacy
- Classic

And then put all of them in proper subcategories. Posted Image

Not to rain on your parade there, but for that to work properly at all then none of the Map Variants could ever have been taken out of rotation. The fact that any have been taken out of rotation has automatically negated additional sub-Boards in that manner, unless I've royally missed something. I therefore figured that it would be better to keep things simple, and thus break those two Boards into the six that properly reflect the current state of affairs as to what Maps are available at this time. A very basic restructure would also allow people to easily see the Board for the Map which they want to post something about, and avoid leaving them confused. But other than that, you do have a nice thought there. ;)

~D. V. "can see some flaws in trying to do more than a basic restructure on those two Boards right now" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users