#61 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 November 2021 - 03:32 PM

View PostBig-G, on 15 November 2021 - 01:42 PM, said:

Technically yes and no... Nvidia's GeForce Experience seems to love to revert your graphics settings to fullscreen, even when you chose full window...

That's if you use that to set the settings for your hardware combo.

So just double check your settings every time after running GFE.

I use NVidia / GeForce etc. I have never had this issue nor anyone else I know / have I seen that as a problem.

You just need to turn OFF the automatic optimisation or whatever it is and MWO, and any other game, never changes.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 November 2021 - 03:33 PM.

#62 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 16 November 2021 - 02:52 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 November 2021 - 03:32 PM, said:

You just need to turn OFF the automatic optimisation or whatever it is and MWO, and any other game, never changes.

Mine isn't on automatic... LOL

#63 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 November 2021 - 05:58 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 November 2021 - 01:26 PM, said:

MWO burn out two GPUs? Posted Image sure.

Full Screen Window is not a workaround - it is actually a proper method provided by the game that will basically reduce all crashes from Alt-Tab to zero.

Furthermore the feature has been there forever.

It has had absolutely nothing to do with NVidia enabling anything. I've been using it since the first couple of months after playing after advice from other players (easily found on the forum) said to change ot Full Screen Window and problems would completely disappear and that is exactly what happened.

Yes, MWO BURNED OUT two GPUs. I played several other games at the time, none of which experienced any crashing. Every time MWO crashed, a hardware monitor widget that I installed on my desktop recorded a spike in the GPU usage graph to 100% (it was probably trying to go beyond 100%), at the time of the crash. Over the course of 12-18 months, the crashes would increase in frequency to about once every minute or two, at which point the game became completely unplayable and I needed to buy a new card. When I replaced the 2nd card, there was a big old black spot around a resistor where it literally burned up. GTX 880M, and GTX 980M. I cheaped out on the third replacement and got a GTX 765M, which has been stable ever since, but can only handle about 30 FPS while the other two were running high 50's. Luckily I built myself a Desktop at the same time and wired my house with Ethernet so I can use Steam in-home Streaming without any appreciable lag. The laptop/desktop distinction makes no difference, as I experienced two crashes on the desktop with a 1070Ti, showing the exact same GPU spike, before reverting to Full Window and leaving it there to avoid any further damage.

GeForce Experience between 2015 and 2018 would not record Shadow Play on a full window, only Full Screen, so if I wanted to take any recordings of a game, I had to revert to full screen. Since sometime around when I built my desktop computer at the end of 2018, that's no longer a requirement, and I can use Shadow Play on full-window, instead. Unfortunately, whenever I want to stream MWO to my laptop from my desktop, that still breaks Shadow Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users