7 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:13 AM

Ok so you have made all the current MW games on the market as far as I know... without mods... why the hell can't I put my double heat sinks in my centurion. I bought the mech, I found a ST Crab with 4 doubles, I stripped it, and can't put it on my cent. For that matter I can't swap engines either. MWO has been out for like 7 -8 years... something like that. You can swap armor for different types, an energy slot, is simply an energy slot is just that. If a mech can have jump jets, sweet it can, but that doesn't stop you from putting a single heat sink in your torso instead of or in place of a jump jet.

Its not like these aren't your own ideas that you didn't bring to your own game. These games should near reflect each other and innovate new ideas, not skip them forcing modders to do what you forgot you already designed. Guess it's time to start all over, just frustrating. Be well (with mods, my mechs... won't have engines)

Edited by Necroconvict, 03 November 2021 - 01:43 AM.

#2 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:19 AM

You should be able to put doubles on the Centurion. The MW5 mechlab is more restrictive than the MWO mechlab, as it's trying to simulate a bit closer to what you'd be able to do with the limited facilities of a dropship, but you should be able to mix heatsinks just fine. Did you have enough slots in the location you were trying to put it in?

#3 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 02 November 2021 - 08:47 AM

took out 3 regular heat sinks and couldn't put them in. I actually found 2 of the ST crabs for 7 mil, and one Jav HT I think it was, so I have 11 double heat sinks. I've got tons, and slots to fill... but nope it won't let me. The idea of trying to simulate... pfft. I'm in the industrial space, where the work can be done far easier. I personally don't believe there's any reason for this. If I was in a warzone, ok maybe there's no time to do a refit, but even then, if I'm paying extra to have it done, I still don't agree. They already had a fairly solid framework to build off of. In my opinion they dropped the ball, making it a pain for people because they can. Mostly I feel they cut a corner they didn't need to cut. Again it's something already designed. It wasn't a new system they had to build. A lot of it didn't need to be built from scratch. Time for a nap before work tonight. Be well.

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,366 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:52 AM

The Merctech Mod allow engine switching etc.
MercTech at MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:56 AM

Can you provide screen shots? Maybe that will help us help you?

The only other thing I can think of is maybe you used to have a mod in there and now you aren't using it, but it hasn't been properly cleared out? In which case, an un/re-install is probably called for.

#6 AncientRaig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:20 AM

That's really weird. You might want to verify your files, because I've never run into that issue. Unfortunately I can't check the game right now because the latest driver update for nvidia doesn't play well with UE4 and I can't launch the game until PGI fixes it.

#7 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,083 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 12 November 2021 - 05:40 AM

same i have never run into this issue either. also there is the YetAnotherMechlab mod (needs the clan and normal YetAnotherWeapon mods). if you want engine swapping and such. this mod is on the Steam Workshop so real easy to install. honestly i think they were trying to have MW:5 be closer to Table Top than MWO.

#8 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:49 AM

I just put doubles on mechs that only came with singles. Worked just fine. No mods have ever touched this game on my computer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users