Enemy Firing Through Rocks On Canyon

6 replies to this topic

#1 Private Wino

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2021 - 09:04 PM

11/21/2021 - having played multiple games now today on Canyon, I've observed multiple enemy mechs firing and hitting me through rocks, especially on ramps - is anyone else seeing of being hit this way, or is it only me - this is energy and ballistic damage ( direct fire) and also I'm seeing damage to my front show up as damage on the rear wtf?? I'm using the free warhammer mech - not sure if it's the mech hitboxes etc as well? I'd appreciate so clarification as it only seems to be happening on this map

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 10:56 PM

This is more likely connected to the Host State Rewind mechanic, ping and packet loss.

#3 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 December 2021 - 05:40 PM

What Aidan Crenshaw said... If there is anything else going on, we're going to need some recorded video to view... That is, if you're able to provide it. :mellow:

~D. V. "unable to fully get how you're taking fire through Canyon Network's terrain without a useful visual to view" Devnull

[Just a small Edit by the Post's Author to correct a word flow issue...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 08 December 2021 - 05:41 PM.

#4 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 10:13 PM

View PostPrivate Wino, on 21 November 2021 - 09:04 PM, said:

11/21/2021 - having played multiple games now today on Canyon, I've observed multiple enemy mechs firing and hitting me through rocks, especially on ramps - is anyone else seeing of being hit this way, or is it only me - this is energy and ballistic damage ( direct fire) and also I'm seeing damage to my front show up as damage on the rear wtf?? I'm using the free warhammer mech - not sure if it's the mech hitboxes etc as well? I'd appreciate so clarification as it only seems to be happening on this map

Yes, this happened to team and myself a few weeks ago. I was the first to be the target in a DW UV, and couldn't figure out where the firing was coming from. Everyone else was confused as well. Soon as I went down, so did others, pretty fast, and getting hit from no where. Ended up pretty fast 0-12 in 3 mins. Didn't record, but wished I did. Didn't happen again since.

#5 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 08 December 2021 - 11:20 PM

View PostGuardDogg, on 08 December 2021 - 10:13 PM, said:

Yes, this happened to team and myself a few weeks ago. I was the first to be the target in a DW UV, and couldn't figure out where the firing was coming from. Everyone else was confused as well. Soon as I went down, so did others, pretty fast, and getting hit from no where. Ended up pretty fast 0-12 in 3 mins. Didn't record, but wished I did. Didn't happen again since.

This does not have to be necessarily a problem with the map.

Some ECM-equipped or Stealth snipers can be difficult to spot, especially if they have a good sniping position and suitable camouflage that blends with the environment.

Maybe you have just not noticed that sniper.

#6 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:26 AM

View Postmartian, on 08 December 2021 - 11:20 PM, said:

This does not have to be necessarily a problem with the map.

Some ECM-equipped or Stealth snipers can be difficult to spot, especially if they have a good sniping position and suitable camouflage that blends with the environment.

Maybe you have just not noticed that sniper.

Yes, most of the other team was on other side of map. I do recall the play, and I did consider it, how other team played (possible teamwork). Would never forget that round. It sure was bizarre.

#7 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,782 posts

Posted 09 December 2021 - 09:51 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 09 December 2021 - 09:26 AM, said:

Yes, most of the other team was on other side of map. I do recall the play, and I did consider it, how other team played (possible teamwork). Would never forget that round. It sure was bizarre.

Canyon Network is a relatively small map. I would say that some enemy fast ECM sniper - Fenris or Shadow Cat maybe - flanked your team and hid in some good sniping position, while maintaing LoS on your team, so the enemy team always knew where your team was.

I think that the map itself was okay.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users