Somebody Invent A Scenario And Then Tell Me A Story

8 replies to this topic

#1 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 06:57 AM

where it is perfectly logical for my 'mech tech to be able to swap out a fusion engine in the snap of a finger but utterly incapable of permanently overriding an automatic shutdown.

Please, for the sake of my sanity.

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 November 2021 - 01:48 PM

Oh I can keep your computer from shutting down when it loads a patch or throws a major error, but you are NOT going to like where it goes from there!

I suspect Magnetohydrodynamic reactors capable of generating temperatures over half a million degrees are similar at the very least.

And to be fair, if this were Battletech by the source material, engine swaps are HARD.

#3 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:37 PM

I mean, that's what drives me nuts

how is my mech tech fully capable of swapping out a fusion reactor in no time flat but simultaneously unable or unwilling to jury rig some method by which I am no longer required to manually override every single drop

did he promise his dying grandpa he would never again void a manufacturer warrantee?

was he subjected to experimental mind control rendering him unable to grasp the concept of heat management?

is he just a jerk?

I need answers

#4 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:42 PM

Same reason that the Steiner manufacturing stronghold of Hesperus II has never successfully been raided, conquered, destroyed, or bombed in the history of Inner Sphere warfare... and yet mech technology can be just as "lost" and unrecoverable to them as anywhere else. Did every one of their senior technical staff rotate out to the front and get killed or something? Does no one remember what their sergeant taught them in the tech shed???

holes in the lore. Posted Image

But for this first person shooter game... uh... game balance? "Balance?" Something?

Personally, I just press "o". Right after I press T and say "o7 glhf". its just what one does at the start of a match.

#5 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 03:55 PM

is he is a double agent who is not-so-subtly attempting to have me killed?

is the union rate for that particular procedure a sum monetarily equivalent to several planetary systems?

is he a sadistic troll who enjoys making people squirm?

is he being paid off by the Heat Sink Manufacturing Cartel?

#6 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 04:08 PM

Does he find hitting the "O" key such a fulfilling experience that he couldn't imagine depriving anyone of such sublime pleasure?

#7 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 05:07 PM

was he, by astronomically freak chance, struck by random seizures the first several times he attempted this procedure and wrongfully assumes causation?

#8 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts

Posted 22 November 2021 - 07:15 PM

I think you've achieved the point where the abyss stares back.

#9 Fattimus Prime

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 November 2021 - 05:50 AM

Did he suffer a traumatic childhood experience resulting in extreme PTSD triggered by the mere thought or mention of shutdown overrides?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users