Been A Casual Player Since Launch

5 replies to this topic

#1 Odin Magnusson

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:20 AM

So as the title states i been a casual player since lauch but when the clans came in to the game i sold all IS mechs cause i always have been a clanner. My question is as of December 2021 what is the best bundle to get and best clan mechs currently in game? I was looking at the warhammer 2c but idk.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 08:37 AM

View PostOdin Magnusson, on 18 December 2021 - 08:20 AM, said:

So as the title states i been a casual player since lauch but when the clans came in to the game i sold all IS mechs cause i always have been a clanner.

Welcome back!

My question is as of December 2021 what is the best bundle to get and best clan mechs currently in game?

Well, that is hard to say. Posted Image

Different players like different 'Mechs. Some players like light 'Mechs, other players like assault 'Mechs. Some people prioritize speed and mobility, other people are interested in firepower.

What about you?:
  • Could you list Clan 'Mechs that you already own?
  • What weight class are you interesting in?
  • What do you expect from a new 'Mech(s)?

And of course, the most important question: How many dollars are you willing to spend?

I was looking at the warhammer 2c but idk.

Not a bad 'Mech.

#3 Odin Magnusson

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 09:06 AM

View Postmartian, on 18 December 2021 - 08:37 AM, said:

Welcome back!

Well, that is hard to say. Posted Image

Different players like different 'Mechs. Some players like light 'Mechs, other players like assault 'Mechs. Some people prioritize speed and mobility, other people are interested in firepower.

What about you?:
  • Could you list Clan 'Mechs that you already own?
  • What weight class are you interesting in?
  • What do you expect from a new 'Mech(s)?
And of course, the most important question: How many dollars are you willing to spend?

Not a bad 'Mech.

ok first off ty,2nd off here are the mechs i own atm

LIGHTS:
KFX-S
MLX-ED
PIR-CI
PIR-1

MEDIUMS:
ACW-A
HBK-IIC-DW
NVA-S(C)
VGL-RI
VGL-1
VGL-2
VGL-3

HEAVYS:
EBJ-PRIME
HBR-PRIME
HBR-F(L)
LBK-C
SNS-VG
TBR-C

ASSAULTS:
KDK-1
KDK-2
KDK-3
KDK-SB
MCII-B
WHM-IIC-BL (DONT KNOW WHERE I GOT THIS BUT HEY)
WHK-PRIME

AND THE REST I GOT ARE IS BUT AS I SAID I DONT USE EM LOL

as for the class im a heavy kinda guy but i dable in mediums and assaults.

and what i want from a new mech is a frontliner cause i like to wade headlong into battle

budget is basically looking to spend 100 at most like if i get a few packs that are worth 25-20 a piece thats good too

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:05 AM

View PostOdin Magnusson, on 18 December 2021 - 09:06 AM, said:

off here are the mechs i own atm

Thank you. You have got a nice selection of Clan 'Mechs. Many of them are still useful.

The Warhammer IIC "Bludgeon" was a free Christmas 'Mech gifted by PGI three years ago.

as for the class im a heavy kinda guy but i dable in mediums and assaults.

and what i want from a new mech is a frontliner cause i like to wade headlong into battle

'Mechs that I would recommend to your attention:

Medium:
  • Stormcrow
  • Huntsman
There are other good Clan medium 'Mechs, but they are more suitable for hit-and-run tactics and similar things.

Heavy:
  • Orion IIC - very solid Clan heavy 'Mech, if you are into the short range brawling. However, I should warn you that the current meta has moved towards medium- and long-range combat. On the other hand, I guess you are in some lower Tier, where it does not matter it so much. And you can design some ranged loadout for it too.
  • Nova Cat or Night Gyr - both 'Mechs are slow, but they can pack a lot of firepower. NC is more versatile. NG has hardwired Jump jets (sometimes advantage, sometimes disadvantage), but it can be equipped with ECM
Assault:
  • Blood Asp - versatile OmniMech. Some variants can be equipped with ECM.
  • Marauder IIC - if you like being in the thick of the battle, Hero "Scorch" could be the right 'Mech for you. I suggest that you claim the free Christmas 'Mech Marauder IIC-A and if you like the chassis, you could buy "Scorch" later.

budget is basically looking to spend 100 at most like if i get a few packs that are worth 25-20 a piece thats good too

'Mechs that I would probably recommend:
  • Huntsman basic package + Hero "Pakhet" - $20+15 (or you can buy the "Pakhet" for $18.99 alone and then buy standard C-Bills variants later in the game, if you like the 'Mech)
  • Nova Cat package - basic package $20
  • (Orion IIC - a la carte $35. Personally I would buy if for C-Bills earned in the game.)
  • Blood Asp - basic package $20 (some players would possibly add Hero "Rancor")
TOTAL: $75

Of course, you can buy those 'Mechs (minus Hero 'Mechs) in the game for C-Bills. Spending cash is an easier, but costlier solution. Posted Image

Naturally, other players will suggest buying different 'Mechs. Posted Image

#5 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,743 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:39 AM

Yes, if you’re going to buy a Huntsman, get the clan medium pack under the bundles section, you get an INSANE amount of swag for that 18 bucks.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 18 December 2021 - 10:48 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 18 December 2021 - 10:39 AM, said:

Yes, if you’re going to buy a Huntsman, get the clan medium pack under the bundles section, you get an INSANE amount of swag for that 18 bucks.

That Clan Medium pack is worth buying because it includes Hero 'Mech and 3000 MCs. However, I do not know for how long this special package will stay up. The MWO Store always confuses me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users