#1 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 20 December 2021 - 02:47 PM

Disney's Jungle Cruise

A young lady explorer is searching for a mythical tree and hires a rather unusual boat captain to get her there.

There are plenty of bad jokes and horrible one liners as humor in this action packed movie, as "The Rock" gets into fist fights, punched in the nose, dodges machine gun fire, poison darts, and stabbed with a sword, yet saves the day and gets the girl at the end of the movie. Frank (The Rock), is nothing short of a con-artist and even has his boat engine confiscated in one scene, and has a very large feline pet.

I must admit, it's a good movie. So, grab some soda and popcorn, sit back and enjoy. Contains bad humor, okay horrible humor, violence, scary images including snakes so if you don't like snakes too bad. May not be suitable for young children..

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 07:07 PM

looks like they are trying to duplicate the success they had with pirates of the caribbean. in the fine tradition of turning disneyland rides into movies. like the afore mentioned pirates...etc, it was meh. see you again when they release dumbo ride, the movie! (i havent been to disneyland since the 90s so idk if thats still there, pretty sure dumbo is racist now).

Edited by LordNothing, 20 December 2021 - 07:08 PM.

#3 knight-of-ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:25 AM

I thought the first half of the movie was quite enjoyable. The staged hazards along the initial boat tour was hilarious. The German villains were quit funny, in a classic Hogans Heroes sort of way.

However, the movie takes a turn once the Conquistadors are awakened. It loses some of its original humor and becomes more "magical" in a Peter Pan sort of way. It was like watching two different movies. I'm sure this was intended as a surprise in the plot line, since the Conquistador element was not in the trailer. In my purely subjective opinion, I think they failed to properly bring it all together properly. Rather than walk away with the satisfaction of a cool plot twist, I instead walked away feeling that was not the movie I came to see. Your opinion my vary.

#4 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 21 December 2021 - 02:44 PM

All opinions are welcome here, in this way someone can make a choice if they want to see a movie or not, or as I have stated, remember a movie that they once saw but don't know the title of.

I once saw Godzilla Raids Again as a kid, only saw the end of it. It took me years to find out the title and was able to watch the whole movie, but as an adult. Lost some of the neat factor with my being an adult, but I finally got to see the movie and scratch it off my bucket list.

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 December 2021 - 01:46 AM

View Postknight-of-ni, on 21 December 2021 - 05:25 AM, said:

I thought the first half of the movie was quite enjoyable. The staged hazards along the initial boat tour was hilarious. The German villains were quit funny, in a classic Hogans Heroes sort of way.

However, the movie takes a turn once the Conquistadors are awakened. It loses some of its original humor and becomes more "magical" in a Peter Pan sort of way. It was like watching two different movies. I'm sure this was intended as a surprise in the plot line, since the Conquistador element was not in the trailer. In my purely subjective opinion, I think they failed to properly bring it all together properly. Rather than walk away with the satisfaction of a cool plot twist, I instead walked away feeling that was not the movie I came to see. Your opinion my vary.

i had the same feeling when i saw pirates...etc. would have been better if it was just pirates doing pirate stuff, but they had to throw in magic to ruin it. like i said, a blatant disney assembly line movie.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 December 2021 - 01:49 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users