Hellebore Springs Fps

11 replies to this topic

#1 StrikerSW

• PipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 53 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 05:28 PM

Asked in game if other players are having frame rate issues on Hellebore Outpost map, over whelming response was yes. I find the game unplayable when on this map, and yes I have no issues on other maps. Just wonder how much of an issue this is for players. Nice map looks great but FPS is poor.

Edited by StrikerSW, 20 December 2021 - 05:31 PM.

#2 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 December 2021 - 05:46 PM

I've actually upgraded my computer in hopes of (much) better MWO performance, only to find that it's the single core CPU speed that matters, and not the GPU !!

Anyways, no MWO lag and specifically no Hellbore Springs FPS lag for me, as I've set my video settings & ingame resolution to the bare minimum, and now I don't die under 3FPS dakka fire!

Oh, and I use Mr MrVaad MWOconfig for Cryengine, and swear by it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr MrVaad MWOconfig for Cryengine

1) Set your MWO game client Settings to:

in [Video]:
1280x720 DPI
[Full_Window]

2) in [Video]>>[Advanced]:

[Particles]=Low
[Environment]=Low

3) You can also try adjusting your User.cfg via Mr. Vaad's instructions (works wonders for me!):

http://mwomercs.com/...-editor-for-mwo

http://github.com/Mr...O-MrVaad-Tweaks
http://mwomercs.com/...ide-and-usercfg

http://mwomercs.com/...u-and-particles

http://mwomercs.com/...5-mwo-dimmdrive

http://www.reddit.co...ide_and_usercfg

Good luck!

Edited by w0qj, 20 December 2021 - 05:52 PM.

#3 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 December 2021 - 05:57 PM

Seems fine on my Rx580. Try changing different AA i'm using FXAA which isn't great but when i used MSAA my system screamed.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 06:24 PM

i still haven't got around to getting my new build off the bench. going from my 8086k to a 5800x with a significantly more beefy cpu cooler, twice the ram, and 12 liter case. looks like im going to have to move some parts from this one, namely one of the ssds and the 2070 super, given i cant seem to get current gen video card.

current machine is starting to show its age. the fan on my cryorig c7 i was using decided to periodically stop turning. i cleaned the machine and thought getting rid of the dust bunnies would help. it didnt. many dust bunnies died to get this information to us. the fan didnt have a bearing plug so there was no way to service the bearing. disassembly revealed that whatever glue they used to make the thing unservicable got into the bearing, mixed with the lubricant and created a sticky mess. with a bearing plug i could have cleaned that with a solvent and re-greased it. gg e-waste manufacturing industry. so i made me a fan adapter to accept a big 120mm and it seems to be keeping things cool enough for now, but i really need to get the new machine down here. probibly do that after all the holiday events.

#5 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,403 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 December 2021 - 08:07 PM

Be careful of potential fire hazard; there are rare reports of fires started by computer fans stopped working...and fires not of the fireplace kind...

View PostLordNothing, on 20 December 2021 - 06:24 PM, said:

...the fan on my cryorig c7 i was using decided to periodically stop turning. i cleaned the machine and thought getting rid of the dust bunnies would help. it didnt. ...

#6 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 20 December 2021 - 09:36 PM

View PostStrikerSW, on 20 December 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Asked in game if other players are having frame rate issues on Hellebore Outpost map, over whelming response was yes. I find the game unplayable when on this map, and yes I have no issues on other maps. Just wonder how much of an issue this is for players. Nice map looks great but FPS is poor.

I have had no problems with the frame rate on the Hellebore Outpost map.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:43 PM

View Postw0qj, on 20 December 2021 - 08:07 PM, said:

Be careful of potential fire hazard; there are rare reports of fires started by computer fans stopped working...and fires not of the fireplace kind...

nah its fine. the original fan was 92mm, new fan is a 120mm industrial fan (with good static pressure). i need the static pressure to force the air through the duct as the output has a smaller cross section than the input. im actually more worried that the pla will melt, but its got to hit twice the heat that im getting in the hardware monitor for that to happen. its less of a fire hazard than a fan that doesn't spin when commanded to do so. in life all is risk.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 December 2021 - 05:50 PM.

#8 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 04:48 AM

The map runs exactly like most others on my ~2015'ish hardware (which I got around 2018 or so^^);
got ~40-70fps everywhere, solaris dives down with -10-30 on that.

maybe the map runs slower the first time you drop it, as there are assets in it most people don't have in cache yet, yet factionplayers do; so you gotta load some stuff; can't see why the map should create issues after that.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 22 December 2021 - 04:49 AM.

#9 knight-of-ni

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,627 posts
  • Location/dev/null

Posted 22 December 2021 - 05:39 AM

I have not noticed any framerate issues on this map nor any other. All detail settings are set to max but AA is set to the fastest one for my gpu (POSTAA if I recall).

I did have similar fps problems on past hardware. The fps would tank briefly when things got busy. Turning AA completely off made a world of difference.

For reference, this is what I have now:
AMD 3800x
Radeon 5700
32GB RAM
1TB 970 Evo Plus with swap file residing on a second, smaller 970 Evo Plus (not that I need it to play mwo w/ 32GB ram)

Edited by knight-of-ni, 23 December 2021 - 05:18 AM.

#10 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,687 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 09:17 AM

View PostStrikerSW, on 20 December 2021 - 05:28 PM, said:

Are you sure that there is no "resource hog" program running in the background? Something what you could turn off for the duration of your MWO session?

#11 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 22 December 2021 - 06:21 PM

Getting ~75 on most maps, including Hellbore. Only exception seems to be Solaris City, which chugs .

#12 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 691 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 10:23 PM

Thread moved to the new official feedback subforum for Hellebore Outpost

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users