• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,412 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 21 December 2021 - 05:24 AM

Seriously, some folks upgraded their computer to a new Win11 computer, and some (all?) cannot install MWO onto Win11 machine.

Can MWO find a way for MWO to smooth the Win11 installation to be more painless?

https://mwomercs.com...ndows-11-issues

#2 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:35 AM

my client is running fine, But i ported from win 10. Sure it is not the intel bug? 10th and higher has an extra workaround thread. Dont blame OS for user error

https://mwomercs.com...l-cpus-and-mwo/

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 07 January 2022 - 11:09 AM.

#3 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,659 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 January 2022 - 06:04 PM

Same, no issues with Windows 11 but then I do not have a gen 10+ Intel CPU. wOoj, the link you shared is of a player asking about porting from Win 10 to Win 11. A few players responded about UPDATING to a newer system which by default came wiht Win11.

On the thread Ignatius with the workaround for the SSL, is with Intel gen10+ and back in 2020 the OS would have been Win 10. Win 11 was not available until towards the last few months of last year in 2021.

And until or unless PGI is about to hire someone to update the coding for the Cryengine 3 for that particular item, I do not see it changing anytime soon for those systems with an Intel gen10+ CPU. It has nothing to do with Win11 OS, and had not shown its ugly with MWO when they did have the people to make the updates.

This issue is related to a bug in OpenSSL 1.2. Any game that currently uses this version will have issues, this includes Unreal Engine 4.21 which is what Post Scriptum runs on.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 January 2022 - 06:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users