Where Are The Sb Lasers Found?

5 replies to this topic

#1 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 03 January 2022 - 11:11 AM

I was curious about the 'short burst laser(s)' and wanted to try them out.
Scoured Sarna and there is scant information about them.
I assume they are a Piranha invention.
Are there particular areas or mission types that generate their existance?
How about some chassis types that typically mount these weapon types?

Don't need specific planets or industrial hubs, just some idea where to search.

Thanks for the assist, Mechwarriors.
Peace

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 10:31 AM

I do see one large laser sb from House Kurita in 3049 after I finished the campaign. Am unaware if it showed up earlier. So there should be a small laser sb around too I would think. Suppose that might be Draconis Combine (its the red section).

In a way, not sure how much territories really play a part in it. It felt very much like the campaign matters the most. Not time or anything else.

Literally, playing 70+ hours and there was next to nothing in new equipment from in game time alone.The last 12 hours that I played of the campaign or so to over 80 total game hours, I played mission 14 to the end and all kinds of new stuff showed up.

Double heatsinks definitely only from just before the final mission as that was the only thing I was trying to find the most during the game. Using in game time didn't do a single thing. After the final mission and they are now all around the red territory for sure. Haven't played much past that yet as I just finished the game yesterday. Edit - all around everywhere in all territories. Definitely tied to the campaign progression!

So its highly possible that you might not find any sb lasers at all and it doesn't matter where you look at that point in the game. Hope that clarifies it well enough for you.

Edit - buying up all the double heatsinks and think I may have seen only 1 or 2 small laser sb's. Been around a lot on maybe 2/3rds of everywhere. They don't show up much.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 25 January 2022 - 02:08 PM.

#3 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 13 February 2022 - 08:17 PM

Appreciate the input.

I too have finished the campaign, and spent the last several games just cruising the map to level up all of the 'career rewards'.
Like you, I have seen a few small and medium sb lasers, but always low grade units.

Going to play till the clan invasion date to see if any 'candy' starts appearing.

Happy hunting.
Peace

#4 PancakeBunny

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2022 - 12:46 AM

black market is where you find most of the short bursts, lbx, chemical lasers all of the 'new' stuff

#5 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 February 2022 - 09:37 PM

View PostPancakeBunny, on 15 February 2022 - 12:46 AM, said:

black market is where you find most of the short bursts, lbx, chemical lasers all of the 'new' stuff

Finding equipment that you want is just way too hit and miss though. Believe it was randomly generated as I tried going back in saves before after jumping around for a while just finding something and then went back and it wasn't there.

Its punishment of the player game design. I love when devs have the last laugh for something that's supposed to be fun and enjoyable lol.

#6 Peace2U

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 09 June 2022 - 04:23 AM

Agree with the 'hit and miss' comment.
I have also noticed a lack of logical placement of mech chassis when i'm trying to accomplish certain cantina goals as well.
Lets attribute it to the Dev's habit of programming grind into the game,

Hopefully, someday they will stumble across a dictionary and read the definition of 'game' and associate it with 'fun' and 'enjoyment' so they can leave the grind mentality in the closet.
(sorry, my salt shaker was too full and some spilled out)

Truth is, I love the game and appreciate all the hard work the PGI team puts into it.
On top of that, the community is very supportive with just a few 'bad apples', which takes this game up a notch.

Peace

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users