Changing My Forum Avatar?

3 replies to this topic

#1 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 07:27 PM

I seem to have a stock image next to my posts, where others have different images indicating things like their tier. How do I update my Forum Profile for that? I see a place to add a signature; is that it? Also, it says only one image. Where are people getting these images?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 09:29 PM

View PostSharDar, on 05 January 2022 - 07:27 PM, said:

I seem to have a stock image next to my posts, where others have different images indicating things like their tier. How do I update my Forum Profile for that? I see a place to add a signature; is that it? Also, it says only one image. Where are people getting these images?

1. To show your Tier badge, use this link Profile and check "Publicly Display Tier".

2. First, you must create your user bar. To upload your user bar, go to your profile, click "Forum Profile". Then click "Edit my profile" button, and then "Signature". Upload your user bar, as you would upload any other image and click "Save".

3. To change your avatar picture, go to the game client, click "Faction Play, then "Faction Details", then select one faction and click "Pledge Loyalty".

4. To show your title and badge, go to game client, and click "Titles/Badges".

Edited by martian, 06 January 2022 - 01:57 AM.

#3 SharDar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 148 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 07:36 AM

Thanks! This was very helpful. Where are people getting those signature pictures, though? I'm not good at making those kinds of things. Also, I'm not sure about joining a faction, but I would like a picture. Can I join a faction just to get a picture?

#4 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 07:54 AM

View PostSharDar, on 06 January 2022 - 07:36 AM, said:

Thanks! This was very helpful.

You are welcome! Posted Image

Also, I'm not sure about joining a faction, but I would like a picture. Can I join a faction just to get a picture?

Yes, you can. It is a matter of two mouse clicks to join and two clicks to leave.

Where are people getting those signature pictures, though? I'm not good at making those kinds of things.

It is really quite easy. I guess you can do it in Microsoft Paint that you have in your Microsoft Windows OS. Just click "Start", then "Windows Accessories", and "Paint".

I did mine in GIMP.

Just remember that the maximal size must be 720 x 80 pixels (or smaller).

Some players create simple user bars, some others design quite sophisticated user bars.

I like the Sun Spider OmniMech, so I put my two favourite Hero 'Mechs there. PGI added the new Sun Spider Hero two weeks ago, so I replaced "Vanguard" with "Ambush", while keeping "Manul". Posted Image

You can put in your user bar whatever you wish: Images, text, faction insignia (as I did), etc.

Just try it and you will find yout that creating a user bar is not so difficult as it seems.Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users