45 replies to this topic

#21 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:20 PM

View PostAreno, on 07 January 2022 - 05:22 PM, said:

It is not possible to win 6 games in a row lost.

You don't have to win 6 games in a row.? Not sure what you mean.

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:24 PM

Those wins do not have to be achieved in a row. You just have to accumulate them in the next 30 days.

#23 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:30 PM

View PostBongo TauKat, on 07 January 2022 - 07:06 PM, said:

I agree. Most of the Irish folk I know abhor the U.S.'s take on the holiday.

Agreed.

Everybody knows it doesn’t just happen one day a year in Ireland.

Just kidding!
Conky

#24 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 January 2022 - 03:30 AM

Okay, here is where I come in... Please pardon my wall-of-text, and read all the way through?!?!?!? :wacko:

View PostMatt Newman, on 07 January 2022 - 08:20 PM, said:

View Postmartian, on 07 January 2022 - 09:24 PM, said:

Those wins do not have to be achieved in a row. You just have to accumulate them in the next 30 days.

Hello people... I very much do not know quite why I can see it so well, but 'Areno' happens to be squishing their words together rather heavily like a ".ZIP File" (or some other compressed thing) here. They are upset due to being incapable of acquiring even a single Win towards any of the items which require it. One then has to understand what is going on, and whether or not they are at fault in the slightest for what happens to them. Some may chock it up as whining, but I'm trying to make an honest constructive effort to help 'Areno' (and everyone else, Developer and Player alike) with this singular chunk of a post. :huh:

My question back at 'Areno' would be whether or not they are getting their Team to work together, or if everyone in the Matches which they are put in have decided to play like as if it were "Call Of Duty" solo players in silence instead? If they are making every effort they can to get their Team to work together, and then those people fail to play as a Team even with 'Areno's best efforts, that at least shows 'Areno' is basically not at fault for anything happening to them. Also the words of 'martian' above apply here, because 'Areno' should know that there is tons of time available for them to complete the Event and rushing will never be necessary... at least unless their Real Life is blocking them from having the full measure of allocated time through some conflicting situation. :o

This said, I have been noticing major issues in how MWO's MatchMaker assembles any battle since when those functions were rebuilt. This is where you come in Matt because you are the one who thankfully can affect change where needed, and you will be extremely appreciated by players without question where your efforts result in things receiving repairs. (I am personally rather thankful you have been providing various Events for all the players to enjoy, and I hope that you had Happy Holidays as we came from 2021 into the 2022 year!) When the MatchMaker is putting a battle together, it seems in at least 50% of cases (at least in my personal experiences) like it is dumping most or all of the stronger players on one side, and putting the weak ones all together on the opposite with an occasional better person who did not deserve being steamrolled thrown in on the weak side to get run over. That then results in an awful stomp occurring which could have been avoided during the Match-building sequence if strong and weak players had been evenly distributed on both Teams for the battle. I admit that I do not know exactly what in the MatchMaker's code is causing people to be improperly grouped like this, but something in the back of my mind felt poking me with a mental pitchfork was necessary and that I had no choice but to point the situation out for examination. Please get some engineers investigating this soon, so that everyone can enjoy better-balanced battles? :mellow:

~D. V. "Trying to diffuse confusion about 'Areno's complaint regarding the 2022 January Event" Devnull

[One single solitary Edit by the Post Author because a tiny piece of their posted words seemed to be pedantically messing up the readability of their post... Sorry!!!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 08 January 2022 - 03:34 AM.

#25 chaosshade2638

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 85 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 08 January 2022 - 07:04 AM

View PostCFC Conky, on 07 January 2022 - 07:11 PM, said:

76pt alpha on a 50 ton mech is pretty strong, albeit spicy.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

current Heavy Laser build (all heavy lasers): 76 damage with optimal range at 270 and a "high damage" band out to 360
current Heavy Laser/ER Med build (two heavy large, six ER Meds): 75 damage with optimal range at 400 and a "high damage" band out to 600

imo, the Heavy/ER Med build is better because the heat is way more manageable for almost the same damage and nearly twice the range. You can also boost your range by adding a targetting computer.

Edited by chaosshade2638, 08 January 2022 - 07:04 AM.

#26 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 08:41 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 07 January 2022 - 08:20 PM, said:

To be honest : Getting 15 Wins is really a challenge these days! Posted Image

Most of the time it's stomp after stomp because people simply have no idea how to play this game...

I don't mind losing in a reasonable way : Let's say 8-12 or better!
But winning is something that has become really unique in this game for me... Posted Image

Too bad you did not use this Event to promote good teamplay :
- Scanning.
- Spotting.
- Popping UAV's.
- Staying together as a team, not just as a lance!
- And so on...

Edited by Roodkapje, 08 January 2022 - 08:42 AM.

#27 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 04:51 PM

Hmm i already have this mech, 3 others that i use to run doing scouting missions, but what really worked well was 2 SRM 6 and 2 SRM 4, and work your way up close, and keep fire support up, and have 2 guys with ATMs, and LARGE lazers, and some med lazers.
MY question is will the mech hold up, i never really found the armor was ok, and was always losing body parts, and weapons, but i could get it to run pretty fast, and spin about with JETS, and get folks running from me, as my friends pounded them : )

SAWK
PS you better fully armor the mech up, oh and the above mech, with SRM is called a SPALT mech

#28 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 06:27 PM

If you (as one of my comrades from the unit put it) decide to raise real heroes from the players and give the players the task of inflicting 8000 damage with each type of weapon, you should understand that people, completing the task of 8000 damage with missile weapons, will follow the path of least resistance, that is, they will massively use LRM. Moreover, often gathering in a group, which includes the NARC mech. Thus, worsening the game for all other players. This is Lurmfest.
May I make an improvement proposal?
If you give the task described above, you can give counter-task: destroy, for example, 4000 missiles with AMS.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 09 January 2022 - 06:58 PM.

#29 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 January 2022 - 07:15 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 January 2022 - 03:30 AM, said:

Okay, here is where I come in... Please pardon my wall-of-text, and read all the way through?!?!?!? Posted Image

Hello people... I very much do not know quite why I can see it so well, but 'Areno' happens to be squishing their words together rather heavily like a ".ZIP File" (or some other compressed thing) here. They are upset due to being incapable of acquiring even a single Win towards any of the items which require it. One then has to understand what is going on, and whether or not they are at fault in the slightest for what happens to them. Some may chock it up as whining, but I'm trying to make an honest constructive effort to help 'Areno' (and everyone else, Developer and Player alike) with this singular chunk of a post. Posted Image

My question back at 'Areno' would be whether or not they are getting their Team to work together, or if everyone in the Matches which they are put in have decided to play like as if it were "Call Of Duty" solo players in silence instead? If they are making every effort they can to get their Team to work together, and then those people fail to play as a Team even with 'Areno's best efforts, that at least shows 'Areno' is basically not at fault for anything happening to them. Also the words of 'martian' above apply here, because 'Areno' should know that there is tons of time available for them to complete the Event and rushing will never be necessary... at least unless their Real Life is blocking them from having the full measure of allocated time through some conflicting situation. Posted Image

This said, I have been noticing major issues in how MWO's MatchMaker assembles any battle since when those functions were rebuilt. This is where you come in Matt because you are the one who thankfully can affect change where needed, and you will be extremely appreciated by players without question where your efforts result in things receiving repairs. (I am personally rather thankful you have been providing various Events for all the players to enjoy, and I hope that you had Happy Holidays as we came from 2021 into the 2022 year!) When the MatchMaker is putting a battle together, it seems in at least 50% of cases (at least in my personal experiences) like it is dumping most or all of the stronger players on one side, and putting the weak ones all together on the opposite with an occasional better person who did not deserve being steamrolled thrown in on the weak side to get run over. That then results in an awful stomp occurring which could have been avoided during the Match-building sequence if strong and weak players had been evenly distributed on both Teams for the battle. I admit that I do not know exactly what in the MatchMaker's code is causing people to be improperly grouped like this, but something in the back of my mind felt poking me with a mental pitchfork was necessary and that I had no choice but to point the situation out for examination. Please get some engineers investigating this soon, so that everyone can enjoy better-balanced battles? Posted Image

~D. V. "Trying to diffuse confusion about 'Areno's complaint regarding the 2022 January Event" Devnull

[One single solitary Edit by the Post Author because a tiny piece of their posted words seemed to be pedantically messing up the readability of their post... Sorry!!!]

Unfortunately, at the present time it is simply impossible to set up a matchmaker for at least more or less adequate work. Gathering balanced teams was not an easy task before, when MWO had a much richer player base. But the ingenious decision to combine group and solo queues in a quick play makes it simply impossible to select teams of even approximately equal strength. And, if we get into battles that end with a score of 9:12 - 11:12, this is just an accident and luck, and not the result of the work of a matchmaker.

#30 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for the event!

#31 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 08:11 AM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 09 January 2022 - 06:27 PM, said:

If you (as one of my comrades from the unit put it) decide to raise real heroes from the players and give the players the task of inflicting 8000 damage with each type of weapon, you should understand that people, completing the task of 8000 damage with missile weapons, will follow the path of least resistance, that is, they will massively use LRM. Moreover, often gathering in a group, which includes the NARC mech. Thus, worsening the game for all other players. This is Lurmfest.
May I make an improvement proposal?
If you give the task described above, you can give counter-task: destroy, for example, 4000 missiles with AMS.

I used a Stalker 3F with a pair of MRM 40's almost exclusively to get my 8000 missile damage, 80 damage per volley adds up quick, and its available as a trial mech available to anyone any time there is a missile based challenge around.

Even a little SRM based Clan Jenner can dish out around 500 damage per game in lots of players hands too, with some players doing much more of course.

If anything the game has gone away from LRMS as far as I can tell, most likely due to all the LRM-hate out there.

Edited by An6ryMan69, 10 January 2022 - 08:22 AM.

#32 Kodan Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 375 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 10 January 2022 - 01:46 PM

Personally with 8000 in each category, I just run mechs until something gets close and then I may run something more heavily in one direction, but if you run different mechs with different loadouts you'll get there and avoid the temptation to lurm spam. But yeah, it would be cool to give those of us running 2+ AMS mechs to help out an extra little something.

#33 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 04:50 PM

WOW in the past MONTHS ago, i would run also all missles with some lazers, the mechs that got NERFED was the stalker and the timber wolf.
BUT there is some much more skill for good pilots, that i should not speak of, i still run a TIMBER with 35 point missles hit, and a 23 point med range hit, and all the sensors, target COMP ---probe ect.
THING is you can tell anyone, i make some runs with 400 to 900 points of damage with it, and i run it : )

SAWK CLAN

#34 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 05:32 PM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 10 January 2022 - 08:11 AM, said:

If anything the game has gone away from LRMS as far as I can tell, most likely due to all the LRM-hate out there.

Apparently, you and I are playing completely different games. In parallel universes.

#35 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 10 January 2022 - 06:04 PM

AND i am TEIR 5, so---- i can not do it, i would have to join--- a team to go up in tier level, or change my timeline, not the 3 hour window in eastern USA time.
ONE day if the game last long enough, i'll join a team or build one, with team speak and discord, but i am low on kills this month, working on it : )

SAWK

#36 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 11 January 2022 - 02:33 PM

View PostSawk, on 10 January 2022 - 06:04 PM, said:

AND i am TEIR 5

Don't worry... I find the lower tiers a little better to play in... tier 3 is a complete mess with a c-load of "headless chickens"...

#37 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 12 January 2022 - 08:42 AM

View PostAn6ryMan69, on 10 January 2022 - 08:11 AM, said:

I used a Stalker 3F with a pair of MRM 40's almost exclusively to get my 8000 missile damage, 80 damage per volley adds up quick, and its available as a trial mech available to anyone any time there is a missile based challenge around.

Even a little SRM based Clan Jenner can dish out around 500 damage per game in lots of players hands too, with some players doing much more of course.

Might I recommend the BlackJack BJ-2(L) with quad SRM6-artemis, XL235 engine, 1 extra heat sink, three jump jets and 6 tons of ammo? Did close to 1.200 damage earlier today :)

#38 Ertur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 565 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:24 PM

Maybe I'm just missing something, but when do we get our stuff? I've redeemed several things but not seen them drop into my inventory. End of event?

#39 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 12 January 2022 - 04:57 PM

yes it is at the end of the EVENT.

SAWK

#40 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 12 January 2022 - 07:03 PM

View PostSawk, on 12 January 2022 - 04:57 PM, said:

yes it is at the end of the EVENT.

SAWK

Nope, I redeemed mine in game and had it immediately...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users