• The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:27 PM

I feel that MWO should be in this list:

Best PC Games 2021 that does not need a GPU
www.pcworld.com/article/557177/the-best-pc-games-of-2021-that-dont-need-a-graphics-card.html

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 03 January 2022 - 07:59 PM

You can run mwo off integrated just fine if its a recent igpu. Hell the most recent amd apu are able to do 1080p ultra 60 for most games. Intel not so much but they are still a usable alternative if your gpu dies and you can't easily get another for a while.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 05 January 2022 - 10:09 AM

igpus arent as bad as they used to be. you wont be pushing huge resolutions or framerates, but they can play games. its not like you have to go back to the days of software rendering. given the number of cpu cores a typical processor has now, a software renderer can now be really fast now. not that you need one, modern integrated is still better. and a gpu a couple generations old can still push pixels.

game companies are also going to start scaling back their minimum requirements because of this shortage. and cutting edge users will likely suffer for it.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 January 2022 - 10:14 AM.

#4 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 05 January 2022 - 01:25 PM

I think that graphical fidelity has reached a point they can focus more on the actual gameplay and story instead of pushing for even more uber awesome scenery. Plus I am seeing more and more 'retro' games that use either pixel graphics or some other less demanding option that barely needs any gpu power. There are far far more of those types of games being released recently than the big AAA stuff like red dead 2 and cyberpunk. This is good because I need my 1080ti to last as long as possible. Posted Image

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,735 posts

Posted 06 January 2022 - 11:18 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 05 January 2022 - 01:25 PM, said:

I think that graphical fidelity has reached a point they can focus more on the actual gameplay and story instead of pushing for even more uber awesome scenery. Plus I am seeing more and more 'retro' games that use either pixel graphics or some other less demanding option that barely needs any gpu power. There are far far more of those types of games being released recently than the big AAA stuff like red dead 2 and cyberpunk. This is good because I need my 1080ti to last as long as possible. Posted Image

i play a lot of games that are cpu limited. they barely touch the rendering capabilities. minecraft and ksp are both cpu hogs but i can mine etherium in the background because they barely touch the gpu. those are the games i like more, not the quaternion with a gun shooters with photo realistic environments but not very much depth of play. shoot that thing, shoot this thing, shoot this other thing. mwo is just complicated enough to make it more appealing than those, but just barely. id prefer a more simulation oriented mechwarrior experience, but il take what i can get.

#6 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 06 January 2022 - 12:04 PM

This guy covers a ton of indie games that typically run on weak pc. I've bought a fair few he reviews as I never see them anywhere else.

https://www.youtube....latterCatGaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users