Suggestion

1 reply to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 08:35 AM

I think that it would be a good idea to give the forums users some way of saving drafts of their forum posts, just like it is possible to save half-composed e-mail messages or private messages.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 January 2022 - 02:02 AM

There sort of is one, but it happens to not currently function properly. :mellow:

To explain, every time someone has been typing for a while, there is a mention of their typing being saved along with the local time at which it happens. When the page gets re-loaded for any reason and then the Reply Box is accessed again, there is a "View Auto-Saved Content" linkage which appears for one to restore what they were in the middle of. Unfortunately for the user who needs (or simply could use) this function, the restoration is not 100% complete and results in subsequent damages to the final posting which the user was trying to make. :huh:

That problem with the functions has of course taught me to always complete my posts because I can not properly put most of them out in alternate text files in any sane manner... In short, some data will always be lost. :(

~D. V. "Draft Save exists, but is very not what it should be." Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users