Can The Smaller Qp Maps Work In Fw?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:24 AM

I am referring to the QP maps of Canyon Network, Hibernal Rift, Mining Collective, Solaris City, and Viridian Bog. IE, all the QP maps that is not part of the FW QP map pool. Including these maps into FW might freshen things up a bit. I am guessing though that having to build the defensive walls around the drop zone locations would be a bit of a pain to include so I would assume at this point the drop zone walls would probably not be added if these maps are added to the FW QP pool. Which can make things problematic for farming the drop zones I guess.
Hibernal Rift and Viridian Bog might be a tad on the small side wrt map size. Those two maps would force a more hectic brutal brawl I would say, which might be interesting.
Solaris City seems to be big enough maps for decent matches.
I am curious on others thoughts, maybe this was covered already elsewhere. If it has already been covered, apologies for bring this up again.Cheers!

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 07 January 2022 - 05:58 PM

No, they cannot.

Far too easy to spawn camp and additionally the Drop Ships flying in/out would be able to hit enemy mechs for well over 50% of the map area.

#3 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 January 2022 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, that makes sense. Ah well.

#4 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 03:23 PM

They are too small.

I would love to see the new Hellbore added for conquest exclusively.

And copy paste mining collective x3 or 4 and mash it together for giant FP mining collective.

#5 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2022 - 08:59 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 07 January 2022 - 05:58 PM, said:

No, they cannot.

Far too easy to spawn camp and additionally the Drop Ships flying in/out would be able to hit enemy mechs for well over 50% of the map area.

I dont see why not. If you implement maps like PGI has done before, yeah they most def would suck. But if you dont make 3 diffrent dropzones and point dropships to fly off the map not thru them. Or some other workaround. There is more solutions to make maps than ****** PGI one.

Conquest on smaller maps could be messy ,but maybe funnier than snipeymaps

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users