Quick Play For Faction Exp?!

8 replies to this topic

#1 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 05:27 AM

Faction play and Solaris play need some type of interaction update. I think the modes died because players do not want to make the specialized mech builds required for these modes. Quick Play Andies have quick Play mechs.

Involving faction play into quick play could help immersion and stuff.. anyways just throwing this out there for fun. The game has felt pretty much the same for 10 years with the 2 modes dead? It is what it is. BTW I like the giant ball mech ships. Is that star league only? Mw2 mercenaries had a cool intro with one

#2 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:33 AM

Faction play died when they made unit tags meaningless. Without any point in being in a unit, everyone made thier own tags and dispersed. Solo players don't usually stick around as long as those who play with friends.

#3 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 09:42 AM

Yes I think they should repurpose the scout queue as an 8v8 or 12v12 ISvClan quickplay that counts toward faction exp.
They could even use the quickplay psr to balance matches.

#4 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 117 posts

Posted 17 January 2022 - 06:05 PM

View PostHobbles v, on 17 January 2022 - 06:33 AM, said:

Faction play died when they made unit tags meaningless. Without any point in being in a unit, everyone made thier own tags and dispersed. Solo players don't usually stick around as long as those who play with friends.

I think the Long Tom might have also had something to do with the death of FP.

#5 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 05:20 AM

No. Qp bush^^÷^$ needs to stay in qp. U can't start fp with the typical qp mindset. If u are not even willing to choose / play proper builds u wont have fun and success in fp.

#6 feeWAIVER

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,643 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 09:12 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 18 January 2022 - 05:20 AM, said:

No. Qp bush^^÷^$ needs to stay in qp. U can't start fp with the typical qp mindset. If u are not even willing to choose / play proper builds u wont have fun and success in fp.

The problem is faction play needs to reach a critical mass to even have good games.
And too many players have been burned at the gates assaulting Boreal.
And it's compounded by the fact that losing is not fun, and it takes 30 minutes to lose.. And that's not counting queue time.

If FP is going to be popular, it needs to be accessible, and quicker matches would make it more acccessible.

#7 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,615 posts

Posted 18 January 2022 - 03:05 PM

View PostfeeWAIVER, on 18 January 2022 - 09:12 AM, said:

If FP is going to be popular, it needs to be accessible, and quicker matches would make it more acccessible.

FPs glory days are gone with most of the units and is almost dead and will stay that way unless PGI offers some developement time and effort (not gonna happen).

I still play it about weekly and there is just handful of units and randoms playing it

PS. I would personally like scouting mode to be back, just remove stupid intel collecting and smoke diving part of it and just make it 4vs4 maybe some bit larger than normal random location domination would be nice, dunno just skirmish would be potential horrible kite fest.

#8 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 09:36 AM

It's really funny that people are posting new ideas, meanwhile since 2 years nothing new had been added to CW.

#9 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 19 January 2022 - 02:52 PM

View Posttee5, on 19 January 2022 - 09:36 AM, said:

It's really funny that people are posting new ideas, meanwhile since 2 years nothing new had been added to CW.

I know Posted Image but I did just play the faction play map with the big blue sun! Very cool, that definitely needs to come to quick play

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users