#121 Duke Falcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 878 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:46 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 06 February 2022 - 11:28 AM, said:

The problem with MWO is players having absolutely no clue and making completely rubbish statements filled with misinformation, like the above.

Amazing such cluelessness exists

Seems legit. I usually feel that clan mechs have slightly better chances than spheroid designs. It is not the tech-base what is unbalanced but rather the composition of teams. When a group of good players met a team featuring members like me (mean, players with lowly average skills) it became or could became quite imba.
Not say I am utterly right just said this is how I feel or think that.

#122 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 February 2022 - 11:50 AM

Clan mechs have slightly better chances because of the team balance...

And that has what to do with the mechs?

I. Can't. Even.

#123 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 April 2022 - 07:08 PM

Clan mechs have been nerfed into oblivion, meanwhile IS gets 10 more tons, meta-making buffs and armor on top of that.
We as clanners have essentially been shown the door by PGI.

But you guys?
During peak hours clans can barely muster a PUG group, meanwhile 2 - 3 IS 12 man groups are always rotating. Running lol builds, being elitist asses and using other even filthier tactics - a humility allergy.

I await the day everyone else leaves, so then all you pseudopros can duke it out solely amongst each other. Fighting over the husk of the game you helped empty.

Edited by Far Reach, 29 April 2022 - 07:09 PM.

#124 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 03 May 2022 - 02:37 AM

U play na prime? Because EU prime IS groups tend to be ... special

And skill difference has nothing to do with the tech base.
The only perma problem is to mangle hiding in defence since pgi refuse to switch to random attacker / defender (which with the current system is probably near impossible to programm for pgi)

#125 DeVolt_RKS

• Pip
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • CS 2021 Participant
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 10:59 AM

Well, I think it's safe to say, with all the factors mentioned here, FP is truly in its final gasps. Increasingly there are days when, even in prime time, you can't get matches. As Kotis aptly put it - who gives a ****. FP is dead and PGI doesn't care.

#126 Jeff on a Buffalo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 11:29 AM

View PostRKS Phoenix, on 13 September 2022 - 10:59 AM, said:

Well, I think it's safe to say, with all the factors mentioned here, FP is truly in its final gasps. Increasingly there are days when, even in prime time, you can't get matches. As Kotis aptly put it - who gives a ****. FP is dead and PGI doesn't care.

IDK RKS, if the FW community truly wants to make FW work it is outside of the current PGI team's interest/influence I would say. If we want to make the current FW iteration work, I would think that the bulk of the FW regulars dropping in FW would need to get together in the FW discord, pilots would need to be organized into teams accordingly, if one team stomps another team, the teams get rejigged to make them more balanced. That will keep the matches going longer rather one team stomping the pugs on the other side for a few matches and then wonder why people stop playing.
DP-S tried to do that a few times with their "FW steal the FW Que" nights, it is the right idea I think.
So yeah, if we want FW to live/continue we need to put some work into it. In all likelihood it is way way too late but it is what it is. If only there was a strong personality that is into MWO FW that can pull the FW regulars community together. Ah well. It was fun as it lasted I guess. Cheers!

#127 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:26 PM

View PostJeff on a Buffalo, on 13 September 2022 - 11:29 AM, said:

IDK RKS, if the FW community truly wants to make FW work it is outside of the current PGI team's interest/influence I would say. If we want to make the current FW iteration work, I would think that the bulk of the FW regulars dropping in FW would need to get together in the FW discord, pilots would need to be organized into teams accordingly, if one team stomps another team, the teams get rejigged to make them more balanced. That will keep the matches going longer rather one team stomping the pugs on the other side for a few matches and then wonder why people stop playing.
DP-S tried to do that a few times with their "FW steal the FW Que" nights, it is the right idea I think.
So yeah, if we want FW to live/continue we need to put some work into it. In all likelihood it is way way too late but it is what it is. If only there was a strong personality that is into MWO FW that can pull the FW regulars community together. Ah well. It was fun as it lasted I guess. Cheers!

Nah, all the rats that exploit every single one poor game mechanics wont do that. They just wanna hide in def. If you beat them once they will join attacking side or quit playing/dodgin. Only thing is to improve FP or just ban them but we know that wont happen

#128 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 12:38 PM

TBH every game has this problem, if devs doesnt patch every exploit/let something loose there is players with certain mentality that will use that to their advantage and blame devs for it... all the games has this problem

Edited by Kotis77, 13 September 2022 - 12:42 PM.

#129 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:15 PM

Except the only exploit really usable in faction play is social networking, which is 1000% the intention.

We could go back to tagging planets with mass turret/ghost drops if you want back to quantity over quality.

Edited by Knownswift, 13 September 2022 - 01:16 PM.

#130 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:31 PM

do you even play FP? gl with getting tracker, FAIT, BOMJ, DSx, etc... guys on comms. even if they would come veterans got so much hate for these guys for playing like rats for long time they wouldnt team up with these guys...

#131 Knownswift

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:43 PM

Here I can sum that up easily;

View PostKotis77, on 13 September 2022 - 01:31 PM, said:

tracker,

Yes. A known solo player. A single person. Totally keeps you from knowing 10 other people. And they'll definitely be there if you launch a 12 man that doesn't include them Posted Image

FAIT,

Actual dickheads. Good thing theres only like 4 of them and they stop playing any time more than 5 competent people end up in one group because they can't farm pugs.

BOMJ,

No idea there, thats a new one. Maybe they don't play NA prime.

DSx,

If you don't want to play against DSX or GNX you have two options;

Don't Q during siege.
If you do Q during siege, Q on defense and you'll never see them unless they're on your team.

Edited by Knownswift, 13 September 2022 - 01:43 PM.

#132 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 01:46 PM

Thanks for info package. gonna need it

#133 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:08 PM

OMG why is there posts in FP forum, let it die...

Moderator! Please lock the sub-forum from necros.

#134 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 13 September 2022 - 03:36 PM

why do you care if ppl talks about their passion for improving the game.

most likely it wont ever happen, but does it affect you if ppl keep dreaming.

I know you salty with PGI and Cauldron and when ppl didnt choose your MM, but shut the **** up and let ppl talk

#135 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,573 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 13 September 2022 - 07:49 PM

You missed the conversation, but never do you fear;
Just resurrect the topic - it's only half a year!

Necro, necro, necro, what is inside your head?
Necro, necro, necro - the thread was truly dead!

When surfing through a forum, no matter where you are,
It's merely being courteous to check that date-time bar.

Necro, necro, necro, why do you multiply?
Necro necro necro - just let those dead threads lie!

#136 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 01:24 AM

But, but... PGI had made a bright new game mode, event queue! And you can play this, like a once of 2-3 month. Why you not happy?!

#137 fivefourandahalf

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 04:17 AM

I see a lot of people wanting to make FP far for pubs. I played both WOT and WT and I think PGI should take a page from how they do there group play. I am a old player that just came back to the game and have not join a unit yet. If anyone every played WOT or WT, you join a unit, you come up with a plan. If it works great if not then you come up with another and try it again. It should be units against units , not units against pubs.

#138 axerion

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 297 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationOdenwald

Posted 14 September 2022 - 09:36 AM

so - they shut it down today and there is no notice about it anywhere?

would be nice to inform your players - but hey - i know... only 20-30 Players are interested in FP at a time of those 500-600 who actually still play MWO during EU-Primetime....

CMON PGI - you have to improve and dont let our game (mode) die....

PS: (Since the beginning of this wonderfull thread i´ve been invited by almost all groups to join them and team up - 2War, JINX, GNX, BTDN, DSX, 601,... and yes - we collect pug´s on the way and even still try to teach them the mystery of FP - so - don´t be too salty Kotis - )Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by axerion, 14 September 2022 - 11:04 AM.

#139 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 02:11 PM

View Postaxerion, on 14 September 2022 - 09:36 AM, said:

PS: (Since the beginning of this wonderfull thread i´ve been invited by almost all groups to join them and team up - 2War, JINX, GNX, BTDN, DSX, 601,... and yes - we collect pug´s on the way and even still try to teach them the mystery of FP - so - don´t be too salty Kotis - )Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Im salty af. Its kinda obvious. Most of my posts to topics is about getting balance to FP.

I really wish there is way like Jeff said, i wouldnt mind if we can get that thing going on in EU times. I would be on board if we could arrange that, i would play more and i think so would many more, but is it possible to do it?

i dont think so...

#140 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 14 September 2022 - 02:17 PM

Ps QP Sux 4ss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users