Yes Or No, Or Who Gives A Sh*t

141 replies to this topic

#21 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:26 PM

No mercy for the weak.

Kotis, if you're tired of the game, why are you sh*tposting on the forum?

#22 fenomeno

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:34 PM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 11:09 AM, said:

So my question is should highskill big groups be condemn?

Or the loadingscreen is the bible and survival of the fittest babyyy and keep smashing?

'Condemn' is an interesting term to use... I think people who take LRMs and RACs into FP, or people who reinforce when they die early, or people who camp spawn, etc etc should be 'condemned' long before big groups should be. These ignorant/selfish players have way more impact on the balance of games than 'good players' playing in a group with their friends... so maybe the solution is to educate the player base better?

#23 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:36 PM

In eu tz population is to low to build a stack and find good opposition. Sounds like NA is better in this regard. EU got a lot of new players lately and mostly 2 drops going but 2 good groups is rare (even the mixed). Mwo would need a proper implemented discord/ts with ingame link so people can form groups and balance ques easier (like red vs. Blue in eve online)

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 24 January 2022 - 01:37 PM.

#24 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 01:42 PM

it's not groups fault that they don't have worthy, strong opponents. should they do self-balancing? i dont know. I think that now strong groups are not so strong for this)))

#25 B O O M E R A N G

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 59 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:22 PM

I got to play a FP game like a week ago. I had fun. Hopefully mwo can be updated lmao

#26 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:28 PM

Now that 2WAR/EVIL+ assosiates have given their answers is there anybody else who plays FP EU. Like 80% population who get hammered so that bigboys can enjoy their game?

View PostAivazovsky, on 24 January 2022 - 01:42 PM, said:

it's not groups fault that they don't have worthy, strong opponents. should they do self-balancing? i dont know. I think that now strong groups are not so strong for this)))

Yeah i get their side its fun to hang with friends and shoot ****. We did that too back in the days. But old days are gone and there is so few left to play.

Edited by Kotis77, 24 January 2022 - 02:40 PM.

#27 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:36 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 24 January 2022 - 01:36 PM, said:

Mwo would need a proper implemented discord/ts with ingame link so people can form groups and balance ques easier (like red vs. Blue in eve online)

I think this would help the game

#28 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:43 PM

View Postfenomeno, on 24 January 2022 - 01:34 PM, said:

'Condemn' is an interesting term to use... I think people who take LRMs and RACs into FP, or people who reinforce when they die early, or people who camp spawn, etc etc should be 'condemned' long before big groups should be. These ignorant/selfish players have way more impact on the balance of games than 'good players' playing in a group with their friends... so maybe the solution is to educate the player base better?

How are the new players gonna learn how to play if their faces are smashed and they dont wanna play again.

#29 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:49 PM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 02:43 PM, said:

How are the new players gonna learn how to play if their faces are smashed and they dont wanna play again.

If you really care about it, how many new people have you invited into your unit to teach them how to play FP?

#30 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 02:52 PM

#31 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 January 2022 - 03:22 PM

Lol

#32 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2022 - 03:59 PM

So state of FP is now my fault because i havent trained anybody?

#33 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 24 January 2022 - 05:54 PM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 03:59 PM, said:

So state of FP is now my fault because i havent trained anybody?

You are the only constant in each drop when you are dropping solo. What you bring or dont bring could determine which way the game will go. At this point, FP would require a lot of hand holding that PGI is not willing to give, so it would be up to the players, but that would a buy-in from units/players. Even then tis decision time.. when dropping will the teams be aware how the conflict will go? No, they dont, regardless of what shows up on the other side. Is there any accountability if they trash the opposing team? Nope. They are not beholden to anyone but themselves, no and they are playing with what PGI has provided. It doesnt mean that attitude is good for the game/queue though.. But there isnt any sort of "confederation" or council of units to draw up procedures of what to do in certain situations.. So for the time being each team would need to decide who to proceed on each drop. ... Kill as quickly as possible, and drop again.. hoping they face an actual team instead of an ad hoc of players, whom most may have lost the game before they even left the mechlab. Leadership also comes into play here, even when kicking the other side, how it is done can become repetitive, boring, not a challenge, players reduce the time in the game, etc.

I have been in a few drops where there was a really decent unit on the other side, while our side was a mishmash of solos and small units. Both sides were communicating but the Red side was used to going with the strategy where they would fly through rushing to spawn points with their Linebackers. We had two drop callers who kept us moving and at range when allowed, targeting legs to cripple/slow down those linebackers. We did that for two waves of primarily Linebackers, followed by a mix of lights/mediums then another set of heavies/light Assaults.

I can say that the previous MPBT series, there wasnt a mech lab, all stock 3025 IS mechs, the drops (GEnie-EGA) determined the max class allowed and type of drop (approx 5 years). AOL/Gamestorm Solaris 3025 (6 years) we made do with player created Succession Wars on a weekly basis due to 3rd party falling through with the "Faction Play" part of the game. Sadly EA 3025 was short lived and it had a basic FP type play. All of those were lead by House Leadership, approved by the Devs and were "employees" with NDA, etc. Kept the peace, played by the same rule book, provided assistance to another House when needed, etc. It worked for the most part :) Lets just say there was one House who had boycotted a SSW event when we went Full Warfare but they still had 8 units with 8-24 players each who went "Merc" to play. Prior to that time, due to inability to shoot opponents via other views while on the ground, and headshots were way too easy, Headshots/Legging had been "illegal" / banned. It was to ensure newbies werent instantly killed or put in a position where they couldnt do anything lying on the ground til the match ended or they were picked apart before killed (no eject), thus chasing them away from the game. And if a player did it enough times where all contestants had not approved, a player would be suspended after a few warnings. Those issues were resolved, with headshots became more random/spread to other sections, even with increased armor points, and players gained the ability to shoot via alternate views while on their backside. I can say I had a few drops where my team had been legged but had landed in such a way that the enemy survivors could not approach any of us without being in someone's fire lane :) We ended up winning that drop while on our backs and taking that planet (Room 1 - Prefecture Capitol)

With that said, PGI has been a hands off Dev with FP, and delayed even implementing FP (aka Community Warfare) then even when it was implemented it was a shadow of what had been promoted and lacked even in-game VOIP, then would not be touched by the Devs, and when it was they left in a bad component for too long which chased even more players away (LongTom) Players flocked to Comstar servers and also Faction Serves to group up and form up (no in-game chat rooms/voip). The basic Faction chat window that is available now? It used to not even be there, that is a relatively recent add.

You want to blame someone? Plenty of blame to go around, but guess what? That negativity will do nothing positive. To each their own and I have typed way too much!!!

#34 fenomeno

• PipPipPip
  • The Star
  • The Star
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:00 AM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 09:59 PM, said:

[redacted]

Who hates us, Kotis? Posted Image (Besides yourself and known cheaters...)

We welcome anyone to come on Discord and drop with us.
We *mostly* go attack and/or switch sides to give ourselves the most challenging opposition.
We balance our drop decks and playstyle when we know we're playing against a casual team.

We do a lot more for the good of FP than most other units, so what more do you want? How else can we 'change our ways'? If you have genuine suggestions please let us know.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 25 January 2022 - 02:58 AM.
quote clean-up

#35 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:02 AM

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 09:59 PM, said:

[redacted]

Same question for you - "Why you really dont go play comp to prove your manlyness? Like real men do."

Dude, this is sad. A year ago, you had a reputation as a true warrior. And now you just whine everywhere, but you don’t want to change the situation like that yourself.

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 25 January 2022 - 02:58 AM.
quote clean-up

#36 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 02:56 AM

View PostNathan White, on 25 January 2022 - 02:02 AM, said:

Same question for you - "Why you really dont go play comp to prove your manlyness? Like real men do."

Dude, this is sad. A year ago, you had a reputation as a true warrior. And now you just whine everywhere, but you don’t want to change the situation like that yourself.

But Kotis did play in last Years championships...

#37 -P U R E-

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 71 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:00 AM

I still have big respect to JINX even after all stuff you are doin here.
Always when i see your group in opfor i know thta it will be a good game.
You have some creative approach with flanking and builds. Unless ofc you won't decide to beat sh*t out of PUGs with LRM/ATM spam.

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 02:28 PM, said:

Yeah i get their side its fun to hang with friends and shoot ****. We did that too back in the days. But old days are gone and there is so few left to play.

You just admited that it all about not having own 12 man. You are welcome to play with us anytime.

View PostKotis77, on 24 January 2022 - 02:52 PM, said:

We are not afraid to invite random PUGs willing to join and teach them FP basics/builds etc.
We have lot o examples of PUGs who went from 150-200 dmg/game to 1-1,5k+
We are not elitists. Give it a try - you may be supprised.

AD COMP

We are not competetive unit. No time and will to go deeper than just simple 20 games speedrun without any preparation.

Edit: Corrected some ''non-english'' to less ''non-english''.

Edited by -P U R E-, 25 January 2022 - 03:06 AM.

#38 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Subcommander
  • Subcommander
  • 251 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:23 AM

View Postfenomeno, on 25 January 2022 - 02:00 AM, said:

How else can we 'change our ways'? If you have genuine suggestions please let us know.

Just make it fair. Thats all im asking. Dont overstack if not needed. Finally after these years make it fair for everyone. Give other team a chance.

I usually nowdays call most of winnable matches if you havent noticed. And i can do some new player training if thats a trade for fair matches. But theres gotta be some more easier games than the last 3 times i logged in and faced 12mans with puggies who doesnt listen.

#39 Leon Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Wolf
  • Hero of Wolf
  • 82 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:32 AM

Hello everyone!

I think this hatred in FP alone has contributed so much to this game mode dying. I've been playing FP since the beginning of this mode and there used to be enough people around to take the stomp without any problems.

The discussion about groups that only play Defend or the insults or hatred against units pisses me off personally, and I've experienced and seen enough that people from supposedly good units have team-killed new players for taking Lights at the beginning.

I personally play FP to play with more than 4 people and not to farm PUG groups like it is in QP. I've also never seen people from 2War or Jinx invited to make a group. That's why after CW-X (which broke up because of the flames of the German units or some streamer) I went to DSX where at least a coordinated game is possible.

I completely understand the frustration many FP players have with the loss of playerbase. In my opinion, MWO is an online game and if there is no FP, MWO is the first online game without grp that I know.

My request is simply that the last FP players stop just nagging each other and this might create a little more fun, because why should I play a game where I'm nagged at in my free time?

Regards

Edited by Leon Ward, 25 January 2022 - 03:46 AM.

#40 Nathan White

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Liao
  • 656 posts

Posted 25 January 2022 - 03:34 AM

View PostCurccu, on 25 January 2022 - 02:56 AM, said:

But Kotis did play in last Years championships...

Just like a some 2WARs players. Just like the others groups of players, because prizes from MWO WC always pretty nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users