APRIL FREE MECH EVENT

WITH EASTER THEMED REWARDS

#2 All Your Bases

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:45 PM

While I already have 2 trash cans, a third is always welcome. Thanks for all you do with the community, my son(s) will be thrilled to see this!

#3 Steel Shanks

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 59 posts
  • LocationConnaught, FWL

Posted 19 April 2022 - 01:56 PM

Time to get My 5th Urbie... All hail the Urbanator!

#4 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:22 PM

Nice, after checking the latest road map yesterday, I noted that the April Free Mech and Easter events were TBD and not started. The project manager in me thought, "Well, that's another missed milestone," but sure enough you guys did manage to combine the two in a creative way. Jesus has already gone home, the bunny has hopped off, but hey belated celebrations are better than none.

#5 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:22 PM

Okay... All of the various Challenge items have titles which almost suggest to me that feeling as if someone was starving for food while thinking of all these. (Or it could be that I'm merely misreading it by mistake!!!) Either that, or someone wanted to go all-out with the Egg-based puns! :o

Thanks for the Event anyway! Much appreciated, as it's definitely better than nothing after what happened from the March into early April period! (In case you're wondering, I had already discontinued worrying about one for this month with all the mishaps. Beyond that, I originally figured there would be some kind of valid reasoning posted which would make everyone not be upset about a break prior to May 1st happening.) :D

Sorry to see that some other bad actors out there made those of you who put this Event together upset enough to not provide any Hanging and/or WarHorn items for players to earn. (And my apologies if I'm somehow misreading this as well after earlier posts in the Forums which I saw while browsing!!!) I hope those mean people will stop doing that so you can get to feeling like Hanging and/or WarHorn items should be provided once more. :(

~D. V. "Really thankful to PGI's MWO Team for the 2022 April Free Mech Event... Extra thoughts included..." Devnull

#6 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:51 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 19 April 2022 - 02:22 PM, said:

Okay... All of the various Challenge items have titles which almost suggest to me that feeling as if someone was starving for food while thinking of all these. (Or it could be that I'm merely misreading it by mistake!!!) Either that, or someone wanted to go all-out with the Egg-based puns! Posted Image

~D. V. "Really thankful to PGI's MWO Team for the 2022 April Free Mech Event... Extra thoughts included..." Devnull

Eggs-atcly

#7 Clay Endfield

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 172 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 02:56 PM

So... we just lumped the Monthly free mech and the Easter event into one, when the Road map stated they'd be separate events? And a Urbie... a 1.5 million mech, that could be purchased with the c-bills earned from 8 matches.

Between this, the delay, the overpriced Crusader Preorder, and MWM5 DLC3's additions being completely lackluster... gotta say, it's a pretty disappointing month to be a Mechwarrior.

Here's hoping the sale is actually something worth booting the game up for. Assuming it doesn't get swept under the rug like the easter event on the roadmap did.

#8 Kano111

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 April 2022 - 03:03 PM

The Urbie is an Egg-sellent Mech

#9 NTAC

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 03:52 PM

Easter Sale would be Egg-sellent with an Urbie on the side. Been saving up for it.

#10 El Wood

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 03:59 PM

You guys are rockin' it! Thanks very much!!!

#11 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:06 PM

HALLELUJAH, HE IS RISEN

ALL GLORY TO THE URBANMECH

#12 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:23 PM

Great, now I'm starvin'.

I hope this is a prelude to the Event Queue opening with an Urbie Derbie.

#13 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 19 April 2022 - 04:38 PM

Confirm that you can do both events at the same time: Platinum Collection 02 + April Easter free mech events ;)

#14 EncodedBird

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 06:52 PM

View PostAll Your Bases, on 19 April 2022 - 01:45 PM, said:

While I already have 2 trash cans, a third is always welcome. Thanks for all you do with the community, my son(s) will be thrilled to see this!

I started recently, and my main mech is one of these.
Can anyone help me understand how to start working on the event objectives? They all say locked for me.

#15 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 434 posts

Posted 19 April 2022 - 09:44 PM

View PostEncodedBird, on 19 April 2022 - 06:52 PM, said:

Can anyone help me understand how to start working on the event objectives? They all say locked for me.

To get a reward, you need to complete the task associated with it. If you want to unlock the premium time, for example, you need to win one match.

#16 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 20 April 2022 - 12:17 AM

View PostEncodedBird, on 19 April 2022 - 06:52 PM, said:

So this month's event is one of the less difficult types, but a little on the grindy side: except for the Premium Time goal which unlocks on your first victory, the other goals are all unlocked by earning enough match score (cumulatively). Obviously, the more score you earn the faster you'll complete each goal.

PS IMPORTANT: You want to redeem the rewards through the in-game event browser, not through the website. Redeeming in-game is almost certain to work, redeeming through website has been reported to have issues.

Edited by Horseman, 20 April 2022 - 12:20 AM.

#17 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 20 April 2022 - 02:31 AM

Ah yes. Seventh Urbie! :D

Edited by Ch_R0me, 20 April 2022 - 02:31 AM.

#18 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 472 posts

Posted 20 April 2022 - 02:36 AM

Thx, PGI! I love Urbie ^_^
But... Free clan champion Light? March - champion Firestarter and again IS Light?

#19 Vamboozle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 20 April 2022 - 04:03 AM

So after years of avoiding it, looks like I’m finally going to own a trash can 🤔

#20 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 20 April 2022 - 04:13 AM

THE END IS NIGH!

After PGI gifts a Urby everybody will discover what a great mech it is and no one will be able to play any of the other vastly underpowered mechs such Mad Cat II, Annihilator or Sleipnir. Everybody will from now on play exclusively Urbies and the game will become stale and deserted.

THE END IS NIGH!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users