Poll About Map Hpg Manifold (Classic And New)

players opinion hpg manifold

8 replies to this topic

Poll: all about hpg manifold (44 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want to return classic HPG Manifold?

1. Voted yes (29 votes [65.91%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.91%

2. no (15 votes [34.09%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.09%

Do you like new HPG manifold?

1. yes (21 votes [47.73%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.73%

2. Voted no (23 votes [52.27%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.27%

What should to do with the new HPG manifold?

1. Leave in qp as HPG Manifold Reborn (20 votes [34.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.48%

2. Delete from the game (8 votes [13.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.79%

3. Remake it (12 votes [20.69%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.69%

4. Voted Add to CW as HPG Manifold Reborn (9 votes [15.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.52%

5. Need to test it more (3 votes [5.17%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.17%

6. I do not know (6 votes [10.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.34%

What's wrong with new HPG Manifold?

1. All is OK with new HPG Manifold! (15 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. Voted Now it's interesting to play only on snipers (16 votes [23.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 23.19%

3. The map has become not interesting (9 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

4. Bugs (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

5. It's hard to navigate (9 votes [13.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.04%

6. All is OK, but miss the old map (6 votes [8.70%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.70%

7. My opinion (I vote and write a comment) (5 votes [7.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.25%

8. Not sure what the reason is, but something is wrong (4 votes [5.80%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.80%

Wishes to developers about future changes

1. I wish luck! (28 votes [56.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.00%

2. Voted Don't touch the old maps (10 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

3. Don't touch the most popular old maps (12 votes [24.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 24.00%

Do you believe that developers will listen to the majority opinion?

1. yes (21 votes [48.84%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 48.84%

2. no (15 votes [34.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

3. Voted sure not... (7 votes [16.28%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Carmenblade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • 839 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTerra Firma

Posted 29 January 2022 - 06:27 AM

Players' opinion about one of the most popular map in the game. Let's see what most players think.

Edited by Carmenblade, 29 January 2022 - 06:43 AM.

#2 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 January 2022 - 07:11 AM

The Vote is a bit weird when it comes to the part where you can select multiple answers...

Anyways...

- Keep the old version.
It had some flaws the new one has too, but it was better for sure!
Never thought I would say that...
- The new version should be changed and added as Reborn version to all Game Modes.
- I have seen Assault mechs camp and ER LASER/PPC/Gauss or even DAKKA away : That is insane! :(
- There is a way to be Out of Bounds the horizontal way, but no vertical way : Please add that to the walls in both versions!

I really hope one day the above will be apllied to the HPG maps and some others too! :)

#3 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:32 AM

New HPG is about 1 million times better than old, your poll is absolute biased ****.

#4 Vladokapuh

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:49 AM

I hate new HPG, terrible map, even with the old one being nascar friendly, it was better than this mess.
I dont enjoy playing it at all, not long range, mid range, not brawl.

#5 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:13 AM

I have a few qualms with the new HPG that limit my enjoyment of it.

But I think it's objectively a better map now. Nascar was almost 100% eliminated, and now all styles are viable, brawl, mid, alpha, dps, and range. Engagements are varied and somewhat unpredictable.

Old HPG and New HPG are such similar maps, they are redundant to have side by side. People who suggest the old version should be re-added to the queue are simply bonkers - the map was altered to fix a problem, and that problem was successfully addressed. Why would you want that problem back?

#6 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2022 - 09:18 AM

One of the beauties of the old maps in this game is that they reflected what a real-world environment or installation might look/feel like.

New HPG has lost ALL of that. Ramps to outer walls? Seriously? If you want access to the higher platforms, build them into the sides of the crater way around the outside (as is already the case near where they moved the antenna to). That's fine. That maintains realism and immersion. Artificial ramps? Who the **** thought that up?!

The new dish is stupidly massive. 'Mech scale is already off the charts huge when you compare a 'mech to the car you're stepping on, and then that dish is that much bigger again?! Again: lost the realism, lost the immersion, ruined the map. Additionally, Domination used to make sense, because that was the central high point of the map, anyway. Now, we're fighting over a tiny little dish when there's a huge dish only a kilometer away?! How does THAT make any sense?

Honestly, Nascar on that map wasn't a big deal, because if you're getting left behind, you drop underneath and short-cut across. Often times you found yourself in interesting little duels under there with opponents who were trying to do the same thing. Now the center is a convoluted maze that is fine as an arena, but makes absolutely no sense as an HPG installation. This isn't Solaris. This is some Moon somewhere with what is supposed to be a functioning facility.

Similarly, wall-snipers weren't all that big a deal in recent years, because any time there was someone up there, a lot of firepower was trained on them from the center high-platform (which used to have a 360 firing arc) and they're quickly forced down or destroyed. Once again: run the walls out to the surrounding dirt, and you're fine for heavier access. Just get rid of the ramps for crying out loud!

Of all of Francois work, HPG remake is by far the worst and should be reverted immediately. If you REALLY want to remake the map, keep a keen eye towards realism, and do your best to prevent it looking like a Solaris Arena.

#7 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 December 2022 - 09:29 PM

Feedback that even the Cauldron can't ignore: Sniping on the reworked HPG Manifold is unbalanced. If you're backdropped by the giant antenna array, you can't be seen easily from the far wall. Meanwhile, the opposing wall is skylined, making any 'mech and any movement immediately obvious to anyone sitting in front of the antenna. Thus, sniping from in front of the antenna can be done with relative immunity, especially if you also have ECM. You can dump a full alpha on an enemy 'mech and retreat into cover before they can even figure out where you are.

The original HPG manifold solved this problem by having "out of bounds" hug the front face of the wall. You could stand up there, but you were right at the front of the wall and obvious to anyone anywhere else on the map. Francois not only moved the boundary back away from the edge (which is causing its own problems in areas where you can fall off the back without warning and can't get back up again), but also added covering structures to hide behind, so you can snipe without ever being seen.

#8 Havsra

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 July 2023 - 05:52 PM

I feel that whenever I am there I get hit from all sides and also up :/

#9 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 18 July 2023 - 04:51 PM

my problem is the walls are too easy to acess now remove the outer ramps and leave the inner ones maybe.

Tired of seeing slow assaults like FATnirs and other slow assaults with no jump jets up there sniping with almost immunity from the begining of the game

Also with the addition of the Stone rhino we'll see another big snipy slow mech up there I'm sure. and the guasszilla.

Edited by KursedVixen, 23 July 2023 - 12:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users