Mod Updates

1 reply to this topic

#1 valt901

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 October 2023 - 06:29 AM

Is there a way to identify if a MOD has been updated for the current DLC or can we just reload the old ones?

#2 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 October 2023 - 04:44 AM

Yeah, look at the mod's info and it should hopefully state something like version of mw5. For instance "Yet Another Mechlab" has "0.60 for game version 1.1.338" where I'm looking.

You might also be able to use a search feature should a mod website offer one where you can search by game version.

Obviously, a broken game and missing mod or differences a mod would make in the game would be another indicator of broken mods.

Mods here tend to be not compatible for game updates. Although, I don't know if any can be without an update of the mod but it seems like some can. I haven't looked into it to see what exactly breaks them.

But, ideally they really shouldn't break if the game update doesn't affect something they do. It might also in theory be possible to simply manually increase a mod's version info and get it working also depending of which if a mod includes a max game version then it would break regardless of being broken or not.

Besides that, you'd have to remove mods and/or wait.

Edited by SomersetStriker, 10 October 2023 - 04:47 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users