Mech Recommendations?

6 replies to this topic

#1 Andrewlik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • 138 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 07:20 AM

Recently I've been playing my Thunderbolt 10SE to good effect, 3 LPL, MASC, ECM for long midrange support on an XL 300 engine, then 2 flamers on the arm, because few people expect it and with MASC I can close in and out quickly
I was thinking, is there a clan mech with MASC and ECM that can do this better?

#2 Hobbles v

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 354 posts

Posted 05 February 2022 - 08:02 AM

The Timberwolf.

Specifically the TBR-S for the CT jump jet.
Omnipod it up for laser vomit (2LPL x 5ML) amd ECM right torso

No masc but it's natural speed, agility and jump jets will perform better than the Thunderbolt. On clan XL with better firepower, range and cooling.

The Thunderbolts only advantage is its laser duration and takes longer to heat cap. And takes less tonnage in group or faction play.

#3 pbiggz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,682 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:01 AM

Firing 3 clan LPLs is significantly more dangerous than firing 3 IS LPLs but there's no shortage of laser vomit on the clan side. The hellbringer will get you the ecm you want, the linebacker is blazing fast, the summoner jumps, the EBJ and Timberwolf are both well rounded, but there's one in particular i bet you'll like.

The heavy laser hellfire. 60 tons, clan battlemech, with a massive alpha, and MASC. Its not the most tanky mech in the world, so it will play quite different from the thunderbolt I think, but it's essentially a high-alpha laser assassinator with a sprint button. Go in, remove something from the game, get out before they even know what happened.

#4 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 05 February 2022 - 10:22 PM

Sounds like you like nimble Heavy laser vomit...

Medium mechs (just in case you consider these, great for hunting down Light mechs):
Hunchback HBK-4P: 8x laser hardpoints, with +2 HSL STD/ER medium laser! Fire 8x medium lasers at once!
Hunchback IIC HBK-IIC-A: 7x laser hardpoints very high up, and JJ. Monthly free mech as of this writing!

Assault mechs: power laser vomit: literally spent the past few days playing these:
Stalker STK-7D: cockpit height alpha; what you see is what you hit!
Stalker STK-4N: fire 6x Large Laser with no Ghost Heat penalty! (+1 HSL Laser Family, and +1 HSL Large Laser)
Marauder II: MAD-4A: Lots of energy hardpoints, +1 HSL Large Laser! Fire 5x Large Laser at once!
Marauder IIC: MAD-IIC: insane laser vomit, 9x energy hardpoints, lots of space/tonnage for DHS!
Blood Asp (surprise!): also insane laser vomit, torso energy hardpoints above cockpit for hill humping, runs hotter, fragile

Combined with above Heavy laser vomit from other players, you have a long list of mechs to explore for your laser vomit! Posted Image

(I'm seriously considering getting that MAD-IIC(S) Special Variant; really like it!)

Edited by w0qj, 06 February 2022 - 12:53 AM.

#5 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 February 2022 - 01:21 AM

Black Lanner is reasonably fast, MASC, ECM. Won't have quite the T-bolt's range. But with Prime or A head for ECM, E right Arm, and C left arm, you can have 2xflamer, 2xMPL, and 5xMicropulse with space for near max armor (you'll need to trim 6 points for even tonnage) and enough extra room for 3 more sinks.

#6 caravann

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 372 posts

Posted 06 February 2022 - 01:58 AM

I sometimes uses the thunderbolt 10se, my first mech was thunderbolt 9s who is better but as time went on thunderbolt became a mediocre mech.

when it comes to thunderbolt 10se, it's a scout mech. to reduce disadvantage both armor on the arms are gone.

you won't need to worry about it. pretty much every single player knows about the thunderbolt since it's on the launcher.

This is how the game plays. players; they don't really shoot the arms. The Thunderbolt Side torso is centered on your center that by the time you been shot at, all your side torso weapons are going to be destroyed. this is why some think of it as tank even if it is a walking muppet without any weapons. The issue with thunderbolt10se is that all your guns are either in the center or connected to the center.
Your only option is 2 hardpoints on an arm. This is why Thunderbolt 9s is better since it has hardpoints not connected to your center torso. When it comes to mechs, inner sphere has the most buffs. But physical limitations of hardpoints is like comparing physical cores to virtual cores on a computer. Then there's tonnage. The flea-FA has better tonnage allowing more builds, I.e dual PPC's.or rotary cannon.

Remove all armor and equipment and look at what mech has the most tonnage or hardpoints or buffs. Depending on what you are going to do with it. Many hardpoints allow smaller weapons. Higher tonnage allow bigger single weapon and buffs usually work as making small weapons bigger or large weapons bigger. Engine is on/off , you either have the largest and fastest or you might as well go for 60kph on any mech.

#7 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 February 2022 - 05:38 AM

This thread has been moved to BattleMechs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users