• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2022 - 06:01 AM

For anyone interested...

https://store.steamp...IRON_REBELLION/

While Google-researching, I stumbled upon this VR gem. It's not MW or BT but it's pretty impressive for a two-man team. They seem pretty invested in the project, seem passionate about the genre and are pretty receptive to suggestion and critique on Discord.

Give it a peek... I dropped the pittance to see the Alpha and plan to go patreon because inde developers need and deserve support. Posted Image

#2 Meep Meep

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 February 2022 - 07:00 AM

Looks cool but alas I can't do vr as it gives me blinding headaches after just a short play session and adjusting the ipd doesn't help.

#3 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2022 - 07:25 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 07 February 2022 - 07:00 AM, said:

Looks cool but alas I can't do vr as it gives me blinding headaches after just a short play session and adjusting the ipd doesn't help.

Do you wear glasses?

I had to get a spacer to allow me to wear my glasses otherwise I too would get major headaches. Wearing my glasses fixed it...

#4 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 February 2022 - 07:47 AM

No glasses. I guess I'm in the unlucky percentage who can't do vr. That's ok as I compensated with a big screen 4k tv and thats close enough to vr for me.

#5 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 07 February 2022 - 08:08 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 07 February 2022 - 07:47 AM, said:

No glasses. I guess I'm in the unlucky percentage who can't do vr. That's ok as I compensated with a big screen 4k tv and thats close enough to vr for me.

How does that work for ya... No quality loss?

I'm leaning into upgrading/updating my TV and gave thought to using my old one as a monitor... Posted Image

#6 Meep Meep

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,722 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 07 February 2022 - 01:11 PM

Best thing I ever did for my pc. If you have enough room to set it back around 3~5 feet from your desk or chair depending on size it will perfectly fill your cone of vision making first person games especially racing quite engaging. Yeah its not vr but it works well with depth of field effects since the edges of the screen are just getting into your peripheral vision depending on how close you place it. My old 1080p 24" screen feels like a tiny tablet now.

#7 NanoLeviathan

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 February 2022 - 05:57 PM

Always glad to see more stompy mech games Posted Image I can't believe only two people made this, will definitely check it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users