War History Evaluation

5 replies to this topic

#1 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 03:31 AM

I' am interested, what we could find out, if we evaluate the WAR HISTORY in faction play.

- which is the best faction
- are any factions under-represented?
- has Clan or IS won more conflicts etc.......

So the question is, is there any possibility of getting the Data of the War History, via an API.

Or is here someone who is good in statistics/Big Data, I think tarogato was good with that stuff?
And this person would make a empty spreadsheet, as he needs it for his evaluations, and we as the community fill out the empty spreadsheet. It's 62 pages of WAR HISTORY, I am most definately not fill this all out by myself. But 5 pages I could do.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 11 February 2022 - 04:10 AM

PGI aren't building a API for some Faction Information...

I do wonder, given most just swap loyalty back and forth during each conflict even 8hrs to get matches - why does this even matter?

It is not as if many play or care about loyalist in the true sense of the word outside of rewards. People just care about matches.

#3 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 04:27 AM

I totaly agree, even myself switch from time to time to the side, where I can get a match more quickly.

So the evaluation would not have a lot of information. Nontheless I am still curious.

Edit : Spelling

Edited by tee5, 11 February 2022 - 04:28 AM.

#4 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 February 2022 - 07:08 AM

I've looked at it a few times and summed up the total number of phases won by each side in a period of one month (2 weeks attack, 2 weeks defend). Assuming similar average skill level on both sides, which is a fair assumption as people can switch sides with ease to get more matches, Clans and IS are evenly matched. I am not concerned with the individual factions, probably can just look at the leaderboards. Regardless, for people who have been crying that the other side is OP, the war history IMO is a pretty good indicator of balance in FP, and currently it suggests that they may be attributing their poor in-game performance to 'poor balancing' instead of their inadequacy.

Edited by Yondu Udonta, 11 February 2022 - 07:10 AM.

#5 feeWAIVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,638 posts

Posted 14 February 2022 - 06:19 PM

If I had to bet money, I'd bet Jade Falcon has the most wins over the history of Faction Play.
Liao is probably the least represented. Actually, one of those new Clan factions are probably the least represented, statistically.

Clan has won the most conflicts.

Edited by feeWAIVER, 14 February 2022 - 06:25 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 February 2022 - 06:46 AM

Atm, it doesnt really matter since apparently planet ownership is not being switched to the winning faction from the previous faction owner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users