• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 17 February 2022 - 03:19 AM

So I've watched the ObsidianAnt about this game, and... I think it is an financial minefield, much more than Star Citizen.

In short, it assumes to be a hybrid of Star Citizen and EVE Online, mixed with cryptocurrencies and NFT. Made by a company, who has 0 (zero) experience in making computer games.

Trailer:

The ObsidianAnt's material from which I've learned about that "game":

What are you thinking about this?

#2 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,815 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 17 February 2022 - 09:35 AM

Plan A is to ignore it completely. if it's not pay to win, I'll check out the reviews after launch, but I'm certainly not contributing before then.

#3 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 613 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 18 February 2022 - 06:16 AM

View PostScrapIron Prime, on 17 February 2022 - 09:35 AM, said:

Plan A is to ignore it completely. if it's not pay to win, I'll check out the reviews after launch, but I'm certainly not contributing before then.

Yeah, especially that it's crypto coin have D out of F ranking...
Is Star Atlas A Scam? Or Is Star Atlas Legit? (isthiscoinascam.com)

I've heard recently that one MMO RPG Kickstarter ended in disaster, when creator took KS money to buy himself a private Tesla.

Yet... I really hope that Space sims would return and regain their place in hearts of gamers.
Especially EG7 could think about restarting creating the Transverse by PGI, instead sending them to help maintaining LOTR Online... Posted Image

Damn, I still remember that mega backlash after MwOGate...

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,780 posts

Posted 18 February 2022 - 09:03 AM

as somone who keeps a crypto miner running in the background while i play all but the most demanding games (mwo included), i think the idea has merit. i wouldnt be supprised if a lot of lowfi games come with built in crypto miners to supplement their income. viirus scanners are starting to come with miners. people kept calling nicehash a scam, but it did help fund over half of my current build. mining supported software is a good alternative to free to play, so you can run a version thats not feature restricted (premium features behind a paywall), and in exchange you have to let them borrow some of your gpu or cpu cores while you use the software.

i think the problem though is that a lot of crypto is in an experimental state. bitcoin from the get go was a science experiment. at some point it wont be doling money out to miners, at least not enough to keep their interest, and then the miners will shut down their hardware. before you know it, bitcoin transactions start taking days to complete (sometimes they take hours as it stands), at that point it will crash. i only use it because its the most established, and a lot of stores take it. i dont know how etherium plans to keep operating when it goes proof of stake. seems it might just be more profitable to reallocate your mining hardware to raven coin, and just sell off any coin you have before the change happens (and that stands to be easy to do as others will want to increase their steak). its not as popular now, but lets see how popular it is when its the best option for gpu mining. cpu miners exist but are not nearly as profitable, unless you have a lot of cores, and dont have to buy power, but having access to a few thousand might be worth something to a developer.

Edited by LordNothing, 18 February 2022 - 09:09 AM.

#5 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 20 February 2022 - 05:39 AM

View PostCh_R0me, on 18 February 2022 - 06:16 AM, said:

Yeah, especially that it's crypto coin have D out of F ranking...
Is Star Atlas A Scam? Or Is Star Atlas Legit? (isthiscoinascam.com)

I've heard recently that one MMO RPG Kickstarter ended in disaster, when creator took KS money to buy himself a private Tesla.

Yet... I really hope that Space sims would return and regain their place in hearts of gamers.
Especially EG7 could think about restarting creating the Transverse by PGI, instead sending them to help maintaining LOTR Online... Posted Image

Damn, I still remember that mega backlash after MwOGate...

No say to Crypto :(

Eg7 holds BigPoint ,and Big point was the Creator from Battlestar Galactica online ,thats was from one side a Good Game, only fail was P2W and BigPoint/EG7 shut down the servers from one to another Day

Transverse was only a bad Concept, a bad trailer and a Marketing-lie about a EA licencse for Wing Commander and destroyed the crew for MWO

#6 1Exitar1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 253 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Milkyway Galaxy

Posted 04 March 2022 - 06:10 PM

I would say the game is dead or dying. The value for one of their coins went from .20 to .02 in value. Also, having to pay real money in order to play their very basic demo game is a non-starter for me. I will NOT pay to try a game demo. ObsidianAnt just put out a video about the game today.

Give it a look if you're at all interested in the game.

As for me, I'm not biting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users