Map Bug

4 replies to this topic

#1 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 03:14 AM

There is a space between the Citadel and the platform (position 4111.0 3750.4 21.1).

Light, medium and heavy 'Mechs can exit this space under the platform, but broad-shouldered Assault-class 'Mechs such as the Masakari can not, since the gap between the buttress on the right and the edge of the platorm on the left is too narrow.

See the picture, please.

Posted Image

The 'Mech can not move through this gap to exit the confined space.

Posted Image

Edited by martian, 10 October 2021 - 03:15 AM.

#2 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 October 2021 - 07:17 AM

Yup... Just checked this with a JumpJet-equipped DWF-S so that I could still escape, but this is a definite case of...

CONFIRMED, and a bit more

...because Mechs like the "WarHawk (Masakari)" simply can not equip JumpJets in the first place. I hate to think what will happen if I try to take a "Gargoyle (Man O' War)" into that gap. :(

In fact, I decided then to pull out my JumpJet-enabled "Executioner (Gladiator)" EXE-Prime and do some additional checking on this. It seems there is a second Trap spot right behind where your view is showing. My best possible gathering of the Coordinates are...

4096.5 — 3747.0 — 20.6 (facing ENE at 75 Degrees)

...and is caused by a second buttress (located behind your screenshot's view) that is blocking up mobility to anything that gets stuck in the smaller pocket which I just tripped on. Subsequently checking it with a "Rifleman" RFL-8D and "BlackJack" BJ-2 indicated that even Heavy & Medium Mechs can not escape this second part, and will become stranded without JumpJets available. Likely, this would mean the same for most smaller Mechs as well in that second gap, and also means that these issues are not limited to Clan Mechs either. :o

I don't know if you'll agree with me, 'martian', but I think that the only two good solutions are...
  • Remove the two buttresses in those movement-blocking zones as to allow escape in the future
  • Add additional structuring to the ramp & platform to actively prevent falling into those gaps ever again
...for these spots, because anything else would probably look overdone & janky to everyone. One thing is for sure, and that's the fact that not having JumpJets in this part of the Academy Map should absolutely not result in being forced to exit the Academy as well. :huh:

~D. V. "I'll see your Mech Trap Spot and raise you a small Super-Trap Spot next to it." Devnull

[Quick Edit by the Post's Author for a missed designator indication... Oops!]
[And a second Edit for some missed thoughts and info too... Dangit!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 10 October 2021 - 07:27 AM.

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 07:41 AM

You are right.

I think that the quickiest solution would be to modify the ramp with some plank like this:

Posted Image

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 October 2021 - 06:38 PM

Agreed... That would be the fastest solution to implement, and probably the best. :)

It also looks like they enlarged the platform on "River City"s Live Version as well, but I think they could probably do a better rendition inside the Academy and complete the same on River City itself later on. It's all just a matter of waiting a while now for PGI Staff to notice this thread, get the personnel together that will be needed to fix this, and then pump out the changes which are required to Fix these nasty little Mech Trap Bugs which we have encountered. :huh:

~D. V. "I guess it's time we get some popcorn while we wait for the Mech Trap Bug Fixes here." Devnull

#5 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 October 2021 - 08:42 PM

I think that these days PGI cares more about MechWarrior 5 than about some years-old "MWO Academy".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users