4 replies to this topic

#1 Monsoon Cloudburst

Rookie

• Star Commander
  • Star Commander
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 April 2022 - 07:43 PM

Hello everyone!

Our unit is considering running a tournament somewhere down the line and this would require the teams to be split into different divisions based on their skill levels. We have considered a couple of options, including:

A) Sticking as much as possible to Jarl's rankings. This uses the most objective stats available but has issues created by players using alts or players not being ranked accurately due to their play patterns.

Posted Image Using Jarl's rankings and having admins use our gut feel to adjust the seedings. This may be more accurate but is dependent on how accurate the gut calls are. This also is more disputable due to the subjective nature of the calls.

C) Letting the teams opt for their own seedings.

Your advice is sought on how you would create a seeding system for this tournament. We thank everyone for your thoughts and input!

#2 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 April 2022 - 04:22 PM

HMM i will try to help you, first off your right, jarls is pretty much the match score on the leaderboard : ).

FIRST thing you need to do is build WINGS, that is 2 man units, trained for killing, we know the 2 lights in the back field once you find the pilots for that, you expand and build a LANCE the 4 man team, ect ect ect.
always have a focus on the guys with the highest speed computers, and if there given a kill task, they learn to do it, if not then you must move them, be the leader i know you can do it.

SAWK PS GOOD LUCK : )

#3 Ignatius Audene

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 16 April 2022 - 11:33 AM

Wow u missed the question...

And than it gets even worst

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 16 April 2022 - 11:34 AM.

#4 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 09:00 AM

That's what a lot of tourny's do, they use Jarls as a base, add in comp play experience, gut feeling and asking teams about the div they think they should be in. It is a combination of all those and it's by no means perfect but gets you pretty close.

Sawk....please don't

#5 Sawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 402 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 02:51 PM

LOL ok i will not built a team YET, but if i start using discord, will you give me a side kick, like ROBINHOOD in batman, sorry guys i am retired ARMY, yes i almost got killed, and i am trained leader.
BUT i am know were near the skill level in MWO that said folks above : ) GEEZA JEWCE your in the top 200 on match score like the last 7 months, i can only think of who you play with : )

SAWK

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users