Editor Issue - Asset References

No replies to this topic

#1 Jesoo_Creesto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2022 - 01:35 AM

Didn't really know where to post so I thought it would be appropriate to do it here.
If this is the wrong place then please tell me where should I go ask about this kind of issues.

Here's the problem: I'm trying to modify some stuff in the BaseMarkerWidget, so, following the guidelines from the Modding Guide V2, I saved it in my mod and so it popped up in the ModOverride directory.

Nothing wrong so far. The problem starts when I start debugging: the child widgets aren't calling functions from the overridden modded asset, but from the original one, as shown in this picture, which is the opposite of what it's supposed to do.

The workaround seems to be deleting the asset in the ModOverride path and save it again, but of course that's not ideal, because I lose all my modifications.
Also, when I reload the editor, it stops working and I have to repeat this step.
The exported mod wouldn't work either, so all of this is quite pointless

Any ideas? I don't think I'm doing something wrong because this is not my first attempt at making a mod on MW5, so I just did what I've already done on other assets, but if I am, I'd like to get some help.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users