#1 ScrapIron Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:55 AM

But I still can't get a good build out of it. Posted Image

My 6R(S) hasn't seen the light of day in quite some time, so I was very excited about the armor buff and 40% cooldown quirk for AC/5's it has now. I've put together a 2 AC/5, ERML, MRM10 build, and while the autocannons do a great "plink, plink, plink" job, the rest of the armament fails to deliver because there just isn't ENOUGH of it.

I don't want to mount up more MRM's because there are better wolverines for that, and I'm trying to capitalize on the AC/5 quirks.

https://mwo.nav-alph...528f931b_WVR-6R

Anyone have any better ideas?

Edited by ScrapIron Prime, 22 April 2022 - 05:55 AM.

#2 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 April 2022 - 09:35 AM

AC5 firing almost as fast as AC2 !!! That's a great idea!!

The only other thing I can think of is to swap in the Medium Pulse Laser (replaces the ERML), and get that 1ton weight deficit from somewhere else... runs a little cooler, slightly less range but worth it IMHO...

Tried your build:
~You can fire 2x AC5 until the cows come home (or until you run out ammo)
~The ERML + MRM10 is what generate most of the heat; MPL instead of ERML is better IMHO...

Just a small proposed change, basically to one's own personal taste ;)

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,805 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 22 April 2022 - 11:57 AM

Not a bad idea, but swapping an ERML out for an MPL takes the engagement range and moves it closer. This guy cannot hang in a brawl, it doesn't have any face-melting power, so I was thinking to fight outside of SRM range.

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,760 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 22 April 2022 - 02:09 PM

How about dropping the MRM launcher and laser altogether? Put in a bigger engine and/or more jump jets and capitalize on mobility to ‘shoot and scoot’ from range. Not exactly a sniper, but in second line or a bit further back and add you firepower to whatever your team is shooting at.

Sort of a ballistic version of the Panther. Posted Image
Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 22 April 2022 - 02:12 PM.

#5 KaptinOrk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 136 posts

Posted 22 April 2022 - 04:11 PM

I've tried to build 'mechs like this in the past and had no luck with them. They can't reach out and snipe, they don't have the raw damage to brawl, they can't trade with the mid-range poke builds, they're too big and slow to play the light game and they're not tough enough to really take a hit.

While they can technically go anywhere and do anything, they'll always be gimped and trying to catch up with more focused builds. Versatile generalist builds might work a little better on the tabletop or in the lore, but unfortunately, specialization wins PvP Mechwarrior video games.

Edited by KaptinOrk, 22 April 2022 - 04:12 PM.

#6 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,654 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 22 April 2022 - 05:42 PM

Drop engine to 255, remove MRM and replace with 3 SRM4 and 3 tons of ammo. Drop some armor on the left arm and remove ERML, Case and JJ. If you want JJ, then remove 1 SRM and 1 or 1/2 ton of ammo, then you can also keep ERML (non-ammo weapon and FLPPD.) and adjust ammo amounts, esp for the AC 5 and JJ/ERML

wvr-6r

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 22 April 2022 - 05:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users